Search results

1. DieselZappa

2010 vs 2012 Touareg

Just picked up a 2010 with Lux & Tech package. This is an awesome vehicle! The way I see it, I would rather have the last in the older generation as opposed to the first in the newer generation...I figure they will have most of the bugs worked out by that point??
  2. DieselZappa

Has anyone anywhere any car ever figured out this problem

I vote for ball joints. Any creaking when turning?
  3. DieselZappa

Purchase a high mileage TDI?

Plan on spending $2-4k to bring the car up to snuff...there's a reason it's cheap! Other than that, they're great cars and will run forever if treated right.
  4. DieselZappa

4dr Golf Trunk Space

I built a false floor for mine so the folded rear seats are flush with trunk floor...
  5. DieselZappa

My Old Friend Rebuild, 2003 Golf TDI

I've always wondered why I don't see more auto ejects on this forum. Great feature to have up North...
  6. DieselZappa

Shift box cable bushing replacement job

This is a PITA! But my car shifts like new after doing this and the shift turret bushings on top of the trans.
  7. DieselZappa

2003 Injection Pump leaking at quantity adjuster

Man, I have replaced every serviceable valve and/or seal on the injection pump (with great apprehension at first).But, it'll save you buying the whole pump...and so far I'm at 340,000 miles on the original IP...food for thought.
  8. DieselZappa

Cruze Diesel is rated at 52 mpg highway in stick version, 37 mpg combined

When I worked at a VW dealer, we had a customer trade her 2006 Jetta TDI in on a diesel Cruze & she loved it. Still running it daily pulling a small trailer around for her business. Can't remember what year that was...maybe 2010 or so?
  9. DieselZappa

Stereo is jammed

Do you have kids? We used to see a lot of cars where kids put coins in the CD slot...
  10. DieselZappa

anyone know part number for adjuster cable for door handle?

It's called a bowden cable in etka...
  11. DieselZappa

Intermittent Loud Valve Clatter?

After tons of research, I replaced the N108 "commencement of injection" solenoid on the rear of the injection pump... Runs like a top now!
  12. DieselZappa

100 mile a day commuters

Man, I literally cut my fuel bill in half when I got a TDI!
  13. DieselZappa

Extended Warranty (Who? Not who?)

I should also add that I have managed both parts & service depts. in a VW dealership, so I have dealt with these guys on both ends without issue.
  14. DieselZappa

Why You Should Not Buy A Dsg Transmission

DSG seems to hold up fine if you maintain it. The clutch pack may need replacing after 200k or so though...
  15. DieselZappa

Transmission Problems

I would check the shift cable ends at the transmission and also the levers that they attach to. How much slop does the shifter have inside the car?
  16. DieselZappa

How much room do I need under the car to change the clutch?

I drove mine up on ramps and then jacked it up a bit, putting the stands on the subframe. I didn't jack the rear up at all, this gave me a little more room up front due to angle. I left the ramps under for a safety. Had plenty of room. Give yourself some room in front of the car to get the...
  17. DieselZappa

Clogged Cat (NOT Limp mode)

I did this a while back(for off road use, of course). I have to say, that was the easiest cat i've ever removed! It was off in about 10min. It took quite a while to clean out, though...that's some Tuff material! I'd say give it 1-1.5 hours due to the difficulty of cleaning out the cat.
  18. DieselZappa

Aftermarket Audio heat problems

My new Kenwood runs hot too! Check your battery voltage...I noticed my HU getting really hot when I first installed it. Turns out my battery was just about dead from having the stereo on for a few hours while working on the car. So when the voltage got low,that sucker really heated up.
  19. DieselZappa

Extended Warranty (Who? Not who?)

ROUTE 66 Extended Warranty Full coverage on my wife's Subaru...Easy to deal with and I haven't had to pay a dime for repairs.