Search results

1. E

Couple of pics of my new VW Golf TDi 2.0Ltr

Hi Aussie, Your Golf TDI looks mighty awesome. What happened to the TDI emblem on the hatch lid? It looks like somebody in Sydney must have already stolen it (it didnt take them too long to steal my last Golfs Volkswagen emblem). I see you got the mud flaps and a few extras. How is your Sat...
  2. E

DSG hesitation question

The Golf A5 TDI with DSG also seems to exhibit this slight behaviour. It is more perceivable in D (Drive) than S (Sport) mode which seems to provide more brisk acceleration. I am not sure why this is the case - however, it may be related to fuel consumption measures implemented in the computer...
  3. E

Windows going down in the rain!!!

Yeah my Golf Mk V seems to do this as well occassionally. Its rather annoying especially when you wind up the windows with the remote key fob and later return to find one window still down (i.e. its gone up and then wound itself down again)
  4. E

Towing Capacity- Golf '05

Re: Towing Capacity- Golf \'05 Hi Matt, The towing capacity for a new Golf A5 with the 77kW TDI engine is 1400kg (with brakes and gradients upto 12%), 1700kg (with brakes and gradients upto 8%) and without brakes with gradients upto 12% (660kg for manual and 680kg for DSG automatic). The 103kW...
  5. E

Question about fuel economy w/ 2005.5 a/t Jetta

And there I though Quebec drivers were the worst in the world... I am still working out how many of my 9 lives I lost driving there. I know I needed to wash my undies on more than one occassion
  6. E

Jetta A5 Key FOB & windows

Okay guys, I posted this problem on the VWVortex website for Australia. I have had one response seeking more information. This is the request: hey may not have the convenience module that would work with it . How about posting what the US Ecu number is and the coding Can anybody help with this...
  7. E

Another MPG question

Over the past 3 months since purchasing this Golf I've managed to travel 6000km. During this period I've found the Golf's trip computer to be extremely accurate - and correlate fairly closely to the figures I get when refuelling the vehicle. The figures I have been achieving with my 6 Speed...
  8. E

Tranny questions

The offical Volkswagen Press release about the DSG gearbox (e.g. no torque convertor employed) and its place of origin. It a few years old but remains valid: After doing some more research it appears that the Kassel is still the only factory in the world making the DSG gearbox (supplying both...
  9. E

The new 'small' Fuel Nozzles and Interstate travel

Re: The new \'small\' Fuel Nozzles and Interstate travel That would be excellent if you could ask David. I totally forgot today when I was at the dealership. I am not happy with this either - and with Australia being a big country (like Canada for instance) every litre of fuel in precious on...
  10. E

I expained to a young mechanic what you were after and he basically starred at me and said hah? They had my car on the diagnostics computer for a while trying to undercover the issues with the Sat Nav (apparently it has a software bug which has a service pack being released soon). Sorry I...
  11. E

I've got the car scheduled for wty work on Tuesday (Sat Nav keeps reverting from English(Metric) to English (Imperial) and starts talking yards and miles - Yuk - rather frustating). I will ask them about this at the same time.
  12. E

No not yet.. I've been waiting for the Bentley books to be released to I can buy the bundle. I decided it wasnt worth it to buy VAG-COM without having a repair manual to accompany it :-) Sorry i cant help. However, if you give me some more instructions i can ask the dealer - they have been...
  13. E

The new 'small' Fuel Nozzles and Interstate travel

Re: The new \'small\' Fuel Nozzles and Interstate travel Do you have any idea where your new A5 Golfs will be built ? The German and South African built ones also share the same fuel nozzel as your Jetta. If you get either of these you potentially will experience the same problem again. Here...
  14. E

Hi Plane Crazy, That is one nice station wagon. Very nice color - I'm jealous about that as well. In Australia they only offer 5 colors for the Golf. Wish they would sell them here in Australia - maybe they dont built them with a steering on the passenger side. The only option we have is the...
  15. E

With the Golf A5 FOB (which looks identical) simply depressing the unlock button for a few seconds (and keeping it depressed) will wind down all the windows. If you depress the lock button for a few seconds (and keep it depressed) the windows will all wind up. Exactly the same as what used to be...
  16. E

My Aussie TDi

Did they only bring 50 Mk3 TDI's into Australia in total (1996 - 1997) or is this only in NSW (I imagine where you live based on the rear number plate being slightly larger than the front one - Premium plates I guess at that). I am curious as I have a 1996 Mk 3 GL TDI as well over in Western...
  17. E

Anyone else notice wind noise from the door seam?

Does anyone have a photo of the door and the side mirror ? Just curious as the new Golf A5 seems quiet and doesnt seem to share this problem. I wonder if they've modified the mirrors or something weird on the Jetta.
  18. E

Yes god save our glorious queen. Mind you - the vibe I felt in Quebec indicated that some people didnt share the same respect for Her Majesty. NB: I drove on the wrong side of the road their and almost killed myself with on coming traffic (its so weird driving on the wrong side of the road)
  19. E

Ha ha... its a weird world. But it was actually US MPG (it was actually just over 60mpg imperial). With the MFA on the Golf (I have sat nav) you can select whether it uses imperial or US MPG (here in Australia we use Litres/100km). I have been using US MPG since I joined this forum to compare my...
  20. E

Chris, I cant help you specifically - however I have the 1.9 Litre A5 Golf TDI with 6 Speed DSG (both off which the new Jetta share) and have been averaging about 52MPG on the open road with a few towns in my journey. Typically I am sitting on the speed limit (about 60mph) whilst in some...