Search results

1. M

MN Chat Thread

Tried shutting down and restarting, didn't change anything. Called Bob at Midwest and I'm on the schedule for later today. Thanks guys.
  2. M

MN Chat Thread

What's the name of the place in Hudson that does TDI work? On my way to work and the GP and CEL lit up. The car is in limp mode. Yay.
  3. M

2014 TDI Sportwagon Parts

I need one bioline wheel. Let me know if you're willing to sell just one.
  4. M

MN Chat Thread

Thanks but that's local pickup only. Connecticut is a bit of a drive.
  5. M

MN Chat Thread

Looking to buy a single 16" Bioline wheel. PM me with price and location.
  6. M

MN Chat Thread

The OEM tires VW puts on these cars are garbage. If I survive this winter, I'm going with a set of winter tires in the late fall. Tired of slip-sliding everywhere I go.
  7. M

MN Chat Thread

Hey Jon, long time no talk. My drives are shorter but when it does get driven, it gets up to operating temp and the roads I drive are all 55 mph zones which should improve mileage over the 75-80 speeds seen on I-35. Also, I'm not running the AC in the winter so that should help too.
  8. M

MN Chat Thread

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted. Quick question for those that own the CR TDI's. Prior to October, I had been getting hand-calculated tank averages of 43 mpg to 46 mpg. I realize that mileage goes down with the cooler weather with idle times, spinning tires, increased rolling...
  9. M

MN Chat Thread

OP lives in South Minneapolis and would pass several qualified VW repair shops on his way to Cambridge. That's why I posted the link to SCI's website.
  10. M

MN Chat Thread

SCI http://www.sciperformance.com/
  11. M

MN Chat Thread

Agreed. I have a screen grab on my desktop that shows gas v. diesel prices for the last 5 years and while they don't always move in tandem, they eventually line up.
  12. M

MN Chat Thread

Ouch.
  13. M

MN Chat Thread

True summer tires below 30 degrees are like driving on wax. You'll spin and slide without much effort. Braking is a joke. I'm speaking from experience there. All seasons are a different story.
  14. M

MN Chat Thread

Not needed. Lower tire pressure would help if you were driving the majority of the time on unplowed roads. Usually, it snows, MNDOT plows and the roads are cleared in 24 hours. That means you're driving mainly on hard pavement with occasional ice patches and side-road shenanigans. Not to...
  15. M

MN Chat Thread

Since 65 is the main road (other than I-35) in that area, they keep it pretty clean. Some winter tires should make your car unstoppable in all but the deepest snow.
  16. M

MN Chat Thread

Was next to a very nice black TDI Passat wagon this morning in Richfield. Tinted windows, wheels, drop. Very sharp car. Sound like anyone on here?
  17. M

MN Chat Thread

It makes for much more predictable handling and quicker corner exits though.
  18. M

MN Chat Thread

Thanks guys! Already putting miles on it. :)
  19. M

MN Chat Thread

After my test drive a couple weeks ago, I ended up putting in an offer on this. Just took delivery today. 2013 JSW 6MT, Monster Mats and Cargo Liner, First Aid Kit, blah, blah.
  20. M

wisc tdi owners

Great, thanks! Guess I know which side of the border I'm filling up on. :)