Search results

1. I

Salvage title and buyback appointment

It's a shame that some found a way to take advantage of this process only to vandalize and ruin the vehicles. Otherwise, I think they would have been more lenient with this gray area
  2. I

My buyback fiasco today (long story)

You don't have to be on an enthusiast forum to figure this out. I got all of my details reading the court documents and website that was provided by VW. If I could think of any gray areas or questions without answers I read through the documentation, AGAIN.
  3. I

My buyback fiasco today (long story)

Ever heard this?.... "poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"
  4. I

33mpg?

What a week. Today I was stuck in traffic doing nothing and STILL hit 38.7mpg. Overall, I ended up anywhere between 48 and 51 daily on the MFD. In my Jetta TDI 42 was typically 45mpg hand calculated. I'm floored. So now that I've had a wagon for a bit, I honestly can't wait to get back into...
  5. I

33mpg?

Thread necro.... I'm driving a wagon TDI while my car is getting repaired. At 41F this morning I hit 46mpg and 52mpg on the mfd on the way home without carrying about drive style at all. My Jetta TDI definitely had something going on. It got up there with ease just a handful of times. Otherwise...
  6. I

Got REFUSED to buy back car today. Had appointment

I have a feeling that this idea of being wronged has brought out the worst in so many. For some reason we believe that we have the right to mistreat others as justified. Well it's never justified... EVER That's just crazy. What's wrong with people? If a court ordered any one of us to buy back...
  7. I

Gm: "it is easy to get our diesels fed approved"

Well I'm not really concerned with those who break the rules. I'm concerned about how the EPA likes to regulate and interprete. There needs to be a check and balance
  8. I

Then why do manufacturers have to negotiate the payment for their AECD up front? Why should they pay when there's enough evidence of specific circumstances that can't be met? I'm not trying to defend VW... I'm just bringing up the clear issue that EPA decides when an AECD is OK and that...
  9. I

Chrysler Diesel Cheat?

Just bought mine on December 31... Lol
  10. I

Don't forget, the EPA allows defeat devices and practically every engine has them. However, an AECD is negotiated behind closed doors with the EPA; and they refuse to make any details public in order to protect the company's "trade secrets". So companies pay the EPA for aecd routinely based on...
  11. I

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

wOOt!! That's impressive mpg I can't tell you how pleased I am with the motor in the JGC! I looked into the emissions issues too and am not concerned at all. It looked like teething issues if you ask me...software update fixed most and if you had already trashed your cat then they give you...
  12. I

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Grabbed a '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee with ~14K miles and the 3.0L V6 diesel by Motori. Got it just a few days before this snow hit and it's been amazing! EDIT: Went sledding w/ the kids yesterday :)
  13. I

Volkswagen agrees to deal with unions to cut 30,000 jobs

I've said this many times before...it should be a crime for the EPA to negotiate emissions compliance in exchange for money. ECD's are bought by manufacturer's all the time based on the idea of "safety". The truth is, the EPA keeps all ECD negotiations locked up, never to be released to keep...
  14. I

Turning on the back seat light from the front seat

Exactly. It upsets me. The wife's Passat is fine
  15. I

Turning on the back seat light from the front seat

In my '12 Jetta TDI all lights turned on just fine until my kids moved the rear switch. Afterwards, it stopped responding to the front switch. Same EXACT circumstance happened with my '13 Jetta hybrid too. Wonky.
  16. I

2012 Jetta TDI Lowering

I used the st coils as well when I had my jetta tdi. Great ride but the biggest problem is that the beam has the potential to provide a lot more feedback. It may not be as comfortable for rear seat passengers. I tried the st coils from a gli and the front struts were amazing. The...
  17. I

Eligible Owner But No Eligible Seller

Maybe I'm dumb but in exhibit 3 - long form... It says the following... Page 10. FAQ 9: I added the asterisk because the end of the claim period is September 1, 2018. I think this clears up confusion and removes the grey area concerning purchases after June 28, 2016. Anybody disagree? Opinions?
  18. I

Options for die-hards

My vehicle out the door was around $28K in 2012, with a few aftermarket options. According to buybackmytdi.com, fair value September 23, 2015 was $16,979. Add $5.1K and I made out like a bandit. 2015 TDI SE model was $23,675. Your going to make a bit more with the clean trade sale value...
  19. I

What's gonna go down on Tuesday?

Maybe that back log of 2016 TDIs will play a role with incentives. They don't have enough vehicles to offer us all trade ins
  20. I

VW Finance profiting from dirty diesels

So just because it has vw in it's name it must be punished? This is a very uninformed stance to take. It's no wonder we allow ourselves to be taken advantage of with so many skewed economic policies that line the pockets of a few in very underhanded ways. If it made any legal sense, which is...