Search results

1. D

Feeler 2000 NB Possibly for sale

I just wanted to get an idea of what I should be able to get for a 2k NB silver 5 speed with a rebuilt title and 174k miles. Car has a few scratches, and decent wear and tear. No rust. Turbo was replaced around 118k miles before I originally bought it. I replaced the nozzles around 120k. Timing...
  2. D

Rubber End cap for Fuel Injector

I have searched this with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get the rubber cap that is on the first injector for an ALH motor? I had my injectors calibrated and the piece was not returned to me.:mad: I have it rigged but it is leaking and would like the correct piece.
  3. D

Injector problem

I recently swapped new nozzles in. However Ive developed a fuel leak in injector #3. It was seeping fuel out from the block. So i figured maybe I didnt tighten down the cap enough on the injector body. So I pulled it out and tightened it maybe a quarter of a turn. Couple problems came up. 1...
  4. D

Question for Beetle Owners

So im looking for a Snorkle for a 2000 NB. I have never seen one myself as this is my first Beetle. On the A4 it was simple. and it looked very similar to # 21 in this pic. Is it that much different on the Beetle? What is all that craziness in Diagram A? Do I need this on the NB for the...
  5. D

wtb snorkle for beetle

Anyone have one? I have a snorkle for an a4 as well if anyone needs one.
  6. D

Injector Part

Anyone have an old injector body? More precisely i need the part that screws on over the nozzle. I stripped one of mine and it no longer seats properly and I can hear it clicking with the injector installed. I dont have a proper seal any more. Also does anyone know if this is a part that can be...
  7. D

WTB 1999-2002ish tdi 5 spd

Hello. After a long time being without a tdi I am looking to buy a used one. Financial issues have forced me to look at the used car market and I cant bring myself to buy a sub-par low MPG beater if I dont have to . I live in CT and would like to look somewhere in the new england area, but...
  8. D

Anyone in CT have hex com ?

I am willing to bring a beverages and travel a bit to get someone with hex-com, and the latest software to shut off my DRLs on my GTI. I no longer own a TDI but dont hold that against me :D
  9. D

CRD Egr

Just wanted to post up that my wifes crd threw a cel the other day. Dealer says the egr has to be replaced. Couldnt get any specifics from the dealer other than the part is on backorder and that im not the only one with a bad egr. I plan on installing a mann provent filter to keep it clear, but...
  10. D

How difficult is it to "hybridize" a turbo

How difficult is it to \"hybridize\" a turbo I know quite a few folks here have gone with hybrid vnts with compressors from larger vnt turbos etc. Im wondering if its as simple as opening up the turbo, unscrewing the compressor housing and swapping the compressor. Does anyone think its...
  11. D

Mini turbo swap gtg in connecticut

Im looking to swap my pd turbo with a pd150. Hoping to find someone in connecticut that can donate thier garage to help me out putting this bad boy in. I will supply whatever food and or refreshments needed. Also anyone with some experience would be great to give me some guidance, though it...
  12. D

connecticut sighting

I saw a cosmic green tdi beetle with 3 guage pod and a huge exhaust pipe sticking out the back,and a red TDI badge, on i95 in bridgeport. He was putting out some serious soot! Anyone around here?
  13. D

04 pd 5speed rocketchip dyno #s

PD with rocketchip stage 2+ put out 141.9hp 261tq.(SAE)151.9/274 uncorrected.Ive only logged about 30 miles, but Im very happy and impressed. Talk about lack of traction No clutch slip yet. Jeff knows his stuff. I also dynoed stage 1 and 2. Stage 1 was around 132 hp, 250 ish tq. Here are the...
  14. D

insight vs tdi video

Heres a funny video of an insight vs an A4 tdi. Notice the rpms on the insight dash, he was floorin the poor thing. video
  15. D

Cat Micron filter users

The search engine is down, so I just have a quick question for those using a cat micron filter. I installed it today and just wanted to make sure that the connection in the middle if the filter goes towards the engine. It did on the factory filter but id rather be safe than sorry.
  16. D

F.S. 2000 golf/jetta ecu/w chip

Make me an offer. Send me a PM or email at ashe111@aol.com
  17. D

Tuned Pd users, please speak up

I want to know if other tuning boxed U.S. spec pd owners have experienced white smoke while going up long hills while using a tuning box. Now that the weather is warm up here in ct ive been noticing much more that when accelerating up a hill the exhaust will put out a good amount of white smoke...
  18. D

dynoed my pd on a superflow dyno

Well here are the numbers i got at the jannettyracing dyno shop. First off the new shop he has there is really nice. It uses a superflow dyno . It can monitor lots of different parameters like egt, boost, oil temp, etc. Ted charges 75 for 3 pulls,very reasonable.Ted was able to get torque...
  19. D

Dyno on a PD

Does anyone know how to get a torque reading on a pd? I know on the ve you would attach the lead to one of the steel injector lines. But The pd is different. ANyone?