Search results

1. nois

A/C when I didn't ask for it

You have an automatic rear view mirror? What does it do?
  2. nois

Rear panel gets dirty fast

Your English is improving! You could try a car wax which contains P.T.F.E.
  3. nois

New 2013 Passat TDI owner

I think you will really like the Torque app as it offers outstanding customizability in gauge types (graphs, full and half dials, digital readouts, etc.), screen placement, number of pids to track, and even color themes. Bonus if a person already has an Android phone but worthwhile to go the...
  4. nois

Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

Is the coming home/leaving home setting still turned on?
  5. nois

Set the cluster to "Germany" to get the radio to stay on until the driver's door opens when you turn off the ignition and you don't get the speed warning you do with the "Saudi Arabia" cluster setting. Works on my SEL and others report it works for them.
  6. nois

VW Exhaust Flap Extended Warranty letter

It's a flap in the exhaust... Haha Here's a link with pics and discussion. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=379918
  7. nois

voltage increase

Thanks for explaining... Makes sense. I'm willing to trade a few extra hours of bulb life to get more light output. With the daylight savings time, I'm driving in the dark in the morning now.
  8. nois

voltage increase

How long have you had yours at 13.6v? Seems like that high would reduce bulb-life by a lot.
  9. nois

Random battery drain

The car needs to be locked to enter low-current draw "sleep mode". Do you leave the key in the ignition and the car unlocked?
  10. nois

Random battery drain

The car must be locked to go into sleep mode. The keys should not be left near the car if you have KESSY or the battery will drain. This is in the owners manual, I believe.
  11. nois

Traded 6M for DSG stay tuned

Has anyone done this? I'd like to see photos of this.
  12. nois

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

So, do all the NMS have this tendency to drift to the right? It's mildly irritating to me and I know it's not due to the crown of the road.
  13. nois

2012 Jetta paint problem

My Reflex Silver Jetta (2012) had the exact same uneven paint look to it. It wasn't quite as pronounced as yours. The other day on the highway, I also noticed a NMS Passat (not sure what year but I bet 2012) in the same color with the same uneven paint job. However, the Passat I have now in...
  14. nois

Homelink lack of signal range

That's the idea I thought I put into words...
  15. nois

Homelink lack of signal range

The range has not been an issue for me, but the remote not sending a signal unless the car is running could be considered a security feature. Check out this security article link.
  16. nois

Biodiesel Approved by VWoA

Maybe I read it wrong, but isn't the fifth column on tables 5 & 6 showing dilution levels found using only ULSD?
  17. nois

fwiw, the NREL report I referenced earlier was partially sponsored by the National Biodiesel Board.
  18. nois

The National Renewable Energy Laboratory published a paper on "Impacts of Biodiesel Fuel Blends Oil Dilution on Light-Duty Diesel Engine Operation" http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy09osti/44833.pdf The test engine was subjected to an accelerated aging schedule representative of 240,000 miles running...
  19. nois

I also got the letter. It's expressly stated in the letter that VW will honor their warranty even if biodiesel up to B20 is used. As stated previously, the letter explains the possibility of engine oil dilution due to the use of the higher blends and recommends checking the oil more frequently...
  20. nois

Haven't noticed any other effects... Seems to work great. Just research the procedure on how to change via VCDS.