Search results

1. parts 4 sale

parts 4 sale

2. Dimitri16V

3 Bolts for the Ball Joint - Thread Locker or Anti Seize?

You are obsessing over this I have reused those ball joints with no ill effects
  3. Dimitri16V

PD no throttle response at first start

Oil has nothing to do with it
  4. Dimitri16V

CV boot clamp recommendation (for 5MT ALH)

Most of the CV joint clamp tools are just junk . The ones that are good are beefy and are the ear type Trying to do while in the car in the outer joint is not going to be successful , you need to pull the axle . I am not sure the grease leaks because of the clamp , you probably have a tear on...
  5. Dimitri16V

Subframe bushings.. Which have you used?

Clunking in the rear is caused by the rear lower shock bolt being undersized and allowing play where it bolts to the rear axle Lift the rear and use a pry bar to check for play in that spot I also have seen the rear shock mount rubber getting ripped and the shock shaft hitting the chassis
  6. Dimitri16V

Replacement of my Golf TDI

Add 20% ...better yet pick a 2017 GTI before prices go up
  7. Dimitri16V

Volkswagen agrees to deal with unions to cut 30,000 jobs

20% tarrif on Mexican made VWs will be the last nail on the VW coffin They better start planning in moving production to US , otherwise adios USA Germans are so short sighted , wait till the eurozone implodes in few years
  8. Dimitri16V

Alternator Issue on BEW, diodes?

Alternator is one of those parts that is never troubleshot correctly and unnecessarily replaced If voltage is low , replace the regulator ( brushes are worn ) If diodes are dead , you will not get 12V DC
  9. Dimitri16V

Dash lights won't turn off.

The cigarette lighter had a short ? It is fused and it will blow the fuse It is possible there was a short in the fuse box
  10. Dimitri16V

Porsche macan 3.0 tdi eastern europe

Bigger turbo and custom mapping ? There is no way in hell you could use all those horses and torque in Greece I grew up there and you will run out of road before you run out of power
  11. Dimitri16V

2002 WV TDI not charging

What Vince said
  12. Dimitri16V

engine life expectancy

417K miles on my 04 Golf Drinks about 1 qtr of oil every 5K miles . Rust free thanks to me using cavity wax very often and cleaning the water drains . Car had 2 cams and 2 turbos in its lifetime . Tranny is great , thanks to 80K mile gear oil change Axles are still original , only one boot...
  13. Dimitri16V

PD injector loom O-ring leaking (pic)

Yep , that's what I did . Clean area well , use the same silicone ( Reinzosil) used on the oil pan Typically , that leak signifies an increase in crankcase pressure as the engine ages
  14. Dimitri16V

Aftermarket cv axles.

Do the races in the Metelli have signs of heat treatment ?
  15. Dimitri16V

16 Jetta TSI

you can get the real synthetic for the same price as the "pseudo" one Plenty of sludged 1.8Ts out there that were ran on Castrols fake synthetics And VW does not reccomend a specific viscosity for the EA888 engine , just that it meets 502 or 503 or 504.00 Only thing I hate about the car...
  16. Dimitri16V

Timing belt damage bought from emiata.com (Prothe)

Chinese have always issues with materials engineering . They can't make metals or plastics as good as others They have a "stealth" aircraft but no engines for it since they can't get the compostion of criticals metals properly . They have to buy engines from Russia They can put a lot of other...
  17. Dimitri16V

16 Jetta TSI

There are better oils out there Castrol 0W40 pure syn for $23 per gallon Mobil-1 0W40 Castrol syn 0W30
  18. Dimitri16V

GSW/Alltrack 1.8T TSI EA888 - Prospective Buyer Discussion Thread

The engine choices VW made is perplexing 1.8T on the Golf and Alltrack ? 1.4 on the Passat ? Why not use 1.4 on the Golf and 2.0T on the Alltrack ? The 1.8 engine seems to be fairly robust . There was a recall with 2015 having issues with the 4 pointed lobe that drives the fuel pump coming...