Search results

1. M

Rocker panels and rust repair Wisconsin 2004 Jetta wagon

I got an estimate from the stealership body shop to have rockers replaced and some body rust repaired. It was super expensive. Then they called back to tell me they can’t do it because parts aren’t available. Who can do this kind of work ? My car is worth spending the money on
  2. M

Vw golf rims

**Sold** admin please delete 5x112.5 15 inch steel rims and hub caps. Free to any Tdi club member who wants to pick them up in brookfield, wi All 4 available and in great condition with almost no rust. Hub caps are near perfect
  3. M

WTB - Dieselgeek bypass oil filter holder

I'm looking for a diesel geek secondary oil bypass filter. Used or new is fine.
  4. M

WTB - 2004 hitachi starter for 09a auto transmission

Does anybody have a working starter for a 09a trans? Part number is 09a 911 023b. Prefer to find locally but not I'll take a good one shipped. The only replacement I can get is from the dealer ordering from Germany which is 10 days. Or any other ideas for me? Thanks
  5. M

2004 Jetta wagon 5 speed - excellent condition

$5000 obo. I am the second owner of the car. It is in excellent condition. Clean title. No accidents. Only a couple cosmetic blemishes. Timing belt changed by Mobil one inc in illinois at 55 K miles with documentation. Tires and brakes are like good and the car tracks straight. at. Car was not...
  6. M

2004 stick shift Sedan in grey.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-volkswagen-jetta-sedan-5/6512608506.html?lang=en&cc=us $4000. This car runs quieter than either of my other 2004 Jetta's. It starts flawlessly in any temp with the new glow plugs with a little smoke but produces zero smoke when under load. Air...
  7. M

Water Leak - both sides

I have a 2004 Jetta sedan with a water leak I can't figure out. I have resealed the place where the wires go through, under the cabin air filter, and the hood release cable grommet with RTV. Checked the drains in the sunroof. Resealed and replaced any old or missing body frame plugs underneath...
  8. M

09A noise at idle, drive, park, but not in reverse

I'm wondering if anybody has addressed this issue before. In my 2004 auto trans jetta there is a lot of noise that seems to be coming from the transmission when at idle, drive, park but not in reverse. It is only noticeable when stopped with the brake on. I'm not sure of the sound quality that...
  9. M

Alignment

Has anybody had an issue getting alignments done? My local Farm N Fleet who has always given us good tire service says that they can't do the alignment on my 04 Jetta. Something about needing to load the trunk with sandbags. Does anybody else in the Milwaukee area have any recommendations for a...
  10. M

Leather MK4 passenger seat

Please delete
  11. M

Does anybody know what this wiring harness is for?

This is sitting unused in near the drivers side tail light harness. Does anybody know what its for?
  12. M

Vag Tacho in Milwaukee area?

Does anybody in the Milwaukee area have the ability to help me program a new key for my 04 Jetta? I tried the procedure on fixmyvw.com but I am only able to get the door working. I can't get it to clone the Immo 3 for the ignition. I think it requires the Vag Tacho and or VDCS and I have neither.
  13. M

WTB- dieselgeek bypass filter setup

My diesel geek filter setup has served me well on my 2004 jetta but I'm buying another one. Or does anyone have other suggestions on how to build your own? I would rather use the DG because they install so nicely
  14. M

Is anybody using a VNT-17 in with an 09A tranny?

The time has finally come to replace my exhaust on my 04 Jetta. I'm planning on using a BuzzKen catback or turbo back. I am tempted to upgrade the turbo to a VNT-17 but I'm a bit concerned adding more power could strain the automatic transmission. I already have had a stage one tune on the car...
  15. M

Headlights HID conversion for sale

SOLD I have decided to go back to stock headlights and housings on my MK4 Jetta. I had them installed for about 1 year. I had difficulty getting the headlights not to flicker and turn off sometimes. I'm sure anybody competent with minor electrical can get them working just fine but I am not...
  16. M

Window regulator for front passenger side- SE Wisconsin

http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1419 New and unused MK4 front right window regulator. It is open but all parts are there. I was able to fix my window without it. $69 on IDParts- will sell for $30 plus shipping OBO.
  17. M

Jetta MKIV factory original headlights and fan

Just placing a feeler out there if anybody is interested. I recently replaced my original heater blower motor from my 2004 Jetta that was getting sluggish when it was cold out. I have the original one if anybody is interested in rebuilding the motor I will ship it out for cost of shipping...
  18. M

WTB - 04 BEW complete manual swap in SE Wisconsin area

I think the time may have finally come to change to a manual transmission. The auto trans won't shift from its starting gear. It just revs up and redlines at about 20 MPH. I am weighing a complete manual swap vs parting it out which may lead to an exit from the VW world altogether. I am hoping...
  19. M

WTB: Cummins Cat Fuel adapter

http://pics2.tdiclub.com/video/cincitdi/pdf/catinstall_sm.pdf I emailed the company and they said they don't have any more and don't plan on making any more either. Anybody out there have one. I prefer this one over the nictane set up that is currently available.
  20. M

FS: Double Din Monsoon radio/dead lift pump from 2004 Jetta

I'm biting the bullet and putting in a new stereo. Any interest in a double Din factory Monsoon radio. I would rather sell it cheap than just throw it away. $40 obo plus about $8-10 to ship. Lift pump body with dead motor. $20 shipped. Can be rehabbed to good as new with just the replacement...