Search results

1. T

BRM Ticking Under Acceleration Sometimes

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the DMF but never confirmed anything. The dealer looked at in a couple of times and never found anything. It has been probably another 30k miles and has not changed. I have learned to live with a lot of less than perfect noises on this car that...
  2. T

Condensor Replacment

AC Condenser Replacement Hello - Can someone tell me how much refrigerant oil and what type to add for condenser and accumulator replacement? Thanks.
  3. T

Anyone install new exhaust on your TDI

Anyone get any MPG improvement with the exhaust change?
  4. T

00652 - Gear Monitoring 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

My friend has a 2001 with 01M and is having rough shift from 2nd to 3rd and getting codes 00652 - Gear Monitoring 27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent. I tried doing a search but did not find anything. How do I go about diagnosing this problem? Thanks for your time.
  5. T

BRM Harmonic noise\vibration

Replaced the transmission mount this morning. This is the mount that is under the battery box. The issue has been taken care of. Much smoother shifting and less noise and vibration across the board. What a pain.
  6. T

I had a humming noise that was around 70mph that was engine RPM dependent. Anyways ended up replacing the transmission mount and now the tick is more like a rattle. I already secured the fuel lines with foam. I really don't think it is an exhaust leak any more. Any Ideas?
  7. T

Well my CV's are fine. I really think this is engine or DSG related. If I put the car in neutral at speed noise is gone. Has to be under load to duplicate. No one has had this happen to them yet?
  8. T

Cyclonic action CCV Air/Oil separator fabrication

I have a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am with rear mount turbo and fully built 6.0L LS series engine. Also have a 2006 duramax. I used the elite engineering catch cans http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/pcv-oil-catch-can-and-standard-hardware-camaro/ I am pretty sure I did not pay 170$ for it. One of...
  9. T

I am very curious as to how clean the return line is staying. Please keep us posted.
  10. T

Just got tires rotated and same issue. Checked both front wheel bearings for movement and they are perfect. How much play should cv axle have? Both of mine have some movement towards the transmission side. My GM front wheel drive car with 150k miles and original cv's has none. Is this...
  11. T

The axles are original and in good shape. Tire rotation did not seem to make any difference although I am due for another one and will see what happens. Thanks for you help.
  12. T

Also if I am coasting down a hill and put the trans in Neutral the noise stops. Definitely something that is a combination of speed and RPM. Any ideas?
  13. T

I have a 2006 BRM with DSG and 72k miles. Around about 65 to 70 MPH+ I hear and slightly feel a harmonic humming\droning noise. It seems to match the RPM of the engine but I only hear it once above stated speed. DMF was replaced 35k ago and noise did not change. Has been making noise for a...
  14. T

Josh8loop - Nice work and good job finding the part. Have you looked at the return line yet to see how clean it is? It doesnt take much oil to make a mess of intake, intercooler and piping. Have done catch can mods on 2 other diesel non VW vehicles and it always amazed me how clean things were...
  15. T

Seat Bottom leatherette small cracks

We have some local salvage yards that have online inventory but don't be afraid to call around and see what they have. The seat I got ended up being the wrong color. Be aware that 2010 colors don't look like they are compatible with 2006. 2007 through 2009 appear to be a match. Trying a...
  16. T

I will think about doing block off plate. It does seem to follow rpm but since it usually doesn't make noise until after 2000rpm you dont have as much rpm to notice. It definately sounds like it's getting louder as you go up in rpm. It is not a holed lifter as all parts were just replaced...
  17. T

Does anyone have any idea if this even could be causing my ticking noise? Thanks.
  18. T

2006 to 20XX Radio compatability

Also does newer steering wheel take the same air bag or is that all different? Looking at taking some parts from 2010 jetta. Thanks again.