Search results

1. T

T5 2.5 5 cyl Engine Pictures?

2. T

Delete auto-locking feature?

Well I've just about given up trying to fix what must just be a silly oversight by VW. It's fine on the cars but silly on a van with a tailgate. I wonder how long it will take them to fix it? Thanks for your clarification Andy. :)
  3. T

Germany Tightens Car Exhaust Rules

This is coming to the UK too. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/default.aspx If your car/van doesn't comply it will cost you $200 per day to drive in the zone!
  4. T

Thanks for your replies guys :) I have checked all the switches with vag-com. The tailgate does set off the alarm as it should but it doesn't cancel the re-lock in the way the front and side doors do. I think what it's doing is counting the tailgate as a trunk. I suppose folks like to...
  5. T

Do you have the info to do it? If you do, you are the only one! :) Since I posted I even asked Ross-Tech and they think it's probably not possible. I'd love to be able to get rid of it. It's a good idea on a car with a trunk, but on a van with a tailgate (that's a single rear door) I'm not...
  6. T

For anyone else searching the answer is no as far as anyone knows.
  7. T

I don't mean the one that locks the doors at 5 MPH, but the one that re-locks your doors if you don't pull open one of them. The same one that locks your keys inside if you own a van since the rear doors don't count as a door being opened. :mad: I have vag-com but I can't find any coding...
  8. T

10 years of TDIClub

Happy Birthday Fred, sorry about the delay! '05 T5 Transporter van 174 HP :D
  9. T

how accurate is a trip computer??

Thanks DPM. I aready have one but I was asking for someone else. Do you know if it will cope with UK gallons etc? I think the guy wanted to retro fit the VW trip but it seems that is so much work it's not worth it. :(
  10. T

how accurate is a trip computer??

Does anyne know if a trip computer can be retro fitted? If so are there any articles about it. Thanks guys!
  11. T

Volkswagen Reveals The California

But but... I saw the California here in the UK back in March. I even have pictures. How come it's only just arrived in Germany? We're used to getting everything last
  12. T

My Next Vehicle - MiniVan

Going back to the original post, You're not missing too much not being able to get the Sharan Hinterlux The new T5 Eurovan/Transporter is much better, although there have certainly been some teething troubles. Hopefully you will be able to get it eventually. Especially the 174 HP TDI that...
  13. T

VW Transporter T5

I'm about the same with my van. When I'm using it for work it's a mobile workshop, when I'm not it's full of bikes, windsurf equipment and other stuff you need when your are towing a caravan (which it all but ignores) I always feel a bit mean going on about engines that aren't available in...
  14. T

VW Transporter T5

Hi Transporter, I think you are right. I would love to try the 104 HP remembering my beloved T4 102 HP. I tried the 130 HP version before I bought mine and it felt great, but I really only wanted to get my mitts on a 174 at that time and when I did I was stunned and still am. However unless...
  15. T

VW Transporter T5

Come and tell us all about it over at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/T5Transporters/ It's new so only a few members so far. Anything T5 good or bad is up for disscussion.
  16. T

VW R5 2.5 TDI , 3.0V6 TDI engine POLL, plans?

VW R5 2.5 TDI 5-cylinder engine POLL, plans? Sorry for the confusion. I thought you were saying YOU thought the Multivan had that engine mounted longituinally so I was just correcting that. Bah! We both live in England and we still can't understand each other
  17. T

VW R5 2.5 TDI , 3.0V6 TDI engine POLL, plans?

VW R5 2.5 TDI 5-cylinder engine POLL, plans? It is transverse in the Transporter/Eurovan. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1183119 (Thanks to Room 13 for hosting pics)
  18. T

5 cyl tdi engine

Hi, Try erwin- https://erwin.volkswagen.de/index.jsp You get the docs for one year inc updates. But remember to cancel 3 months in advance otherwise they charge you for another year. (whether you like it or not ) I had the ACV 5 cyl TDI eng and now have the AXE PD eng. I don't know your...
  19. T

Camshafts....no belt nor chain....

I have one of those engines. I've heard that all the extra gear driven units (A/C alternator P/steering etc) are protected in the case of siezure. The main drive bolt to each can strip which protects the main cam/crank drive. Anyone else out there have any other info?
  20. T

long life engine oil for the pd 1.9tdi bora-uk

SPS is correct. If you are on the longlife servicing schedule (No fixed interval, the car decides when it wants to be serviced according to your "driving style") Then 506.01 is the only oil to use. I have the original VW top up oil I got with my '04 in a natty case complete with explanation...