Search results

1. F

Trunk won't open after battery replacement.

I installed a new battery from VW in the Passat yesterday. Went as expected with the car going a little haywire at first but everything cleared up very fast when I started driving a short distance. This morning I tried to open the trunk and NOTHING works. Door switch, key fobs, trunk switch...
  2. F

Emissions Recall 23Y8 Dealer refuses....2015 Passat

I got a letter 2-3 weeks ago from VoA that it was time for 23Y8 Emissions modification Part 2 of Phase 2. It says: "If your vehicle has more than ...70,000 miles for manual transmission, your car is now eligible to have the Diesel Oxidation Cat replaced a second time before it reaches 150,000"...
  3. F

Cost, rotors hubs??

I'd like to have 4 rotors and pads, brake fluid and front hubs done. I supply the parts. Local guy wants more than $1,000 just for the labor. I think that is pretty steep. Anyone have an educated idea what I should pay for the above LABOR? Parts will be near $700. I should do it myself but I...
  4. F

Sportwagen VS NMS resale values

We have two 2015 Sportwagens DSGs and my 6sp manual NMS 2015 Passat SE. I just checked the resale values and can't understand why the resale values of the Sportwagens are thousands higher than the Passat?? Sportwagen S is $6,000 higher and the SEL is about $9,000 higher. Any thoughts why? I...
  5. F

0w-30

The dealer is telling me that they now sell 0W-30 Castrol oil for our cars ($8.80 Qt) Has anyone used this stuff yet? Any concerns about that weight? I need to change my oil next week. Thanks Guy
  6. F

Auto Headlights quit working

[SOLVED, PLEASE DISREGARD] Is there a coding for my Auto headlights to work on a 2015 Passat? I installed LED strobe brake lights and now my Auto headlights stay on all the time no matter how sunny out it is. I am thinking that splicing in the resistors to the brake wire could be the cause of...
  7. F

Auto Headlights quit working

[SOLVED: CAUSED BY OP'S IDIOCY] When I have the headlight switch set on auto, full lights (not DRLs) stay on despite bright daylight. I have to set the switch to "0" to shut the headlights and tail lights off. I imagine this has something to do with the LED brake light bulbs with resistors...
  8. F

Steering bushing sitting loose

I just had an alignment and new tires yesterday. Pulled the front left wheel to clean it and found the steering bushing 1K0423187 just sitting on top of a bolt just behind the steering arm. I am not a mechanic so my terminology may be wrong but it was just sitting on top of that flat part not...
  9. F

K & N air filter

I just ordered a K&N air filter and now I am seeing some pretty strong posts on the internet against using them. I have one on my chopper and it seems to do well but at this point I wonder if I should just return the new filter for the Passat and stick to paper? I was looking forward to...
  10. F

Dash Cowl not installed right

I don't get under the hood much but I noticed last week that the hood cowl had a 1/4" space between the two halves. So I start pushing the two halves together and needed to loosen that long rubber strip that holds the bottom of the cowl down. Then I noticed a large bump just left of center on...
  11. F

OEM Oil Filt, Fuel Filter and wipers 2013 Jetta

From my sold back to VW 2013 Jetta Sport Wagon I have OEM Oil filter 071 115 562 C Fuel filter 1K0 127 434 B Set of wipers (front)1Q1 998002 $20 firm LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY. BOULDER TO FORT COLLINS If you are near me I might drop it off for you or meet you half way also.
  12. F

Air filter part number

I have an OEM air filter 1K0 129 620 L that I bought for my 2013 Jetta wagon sold back to VW. I was thinking I might use it in the 2015 Passat but that seems to call for a 1K0 129 620 E Is there a difference between the "L" and the "E"? Thanks
  13. F

Rattle in the Dash

I thought I had this one figured out but it is getting worse. I hear a rattle when the engine is at idle. Doesn't happen all the time. Seems to be coming from the center of the dash but a little farther back. I can't tell if it is in the dash or the engine compartment. Usually only with the...
  14. F

License plate security bolts

I bought some security bolts for the license plates on my two cars but the threads don't "jibe". Anybody know where to buy the proper items for a good price? tnx
  15. F

Center Cap Fear

I pulled the center caps off of Dad's car (17") so I could remove the bolts and mount the winter tread. I don't trust putting that hook in the little hole and pulling the cap off. Anybody know how to make this "smoother" the next time? I was thinking of lubricating the cap and the wheel...
  16. F

Any Rattles?

FYI to help if you have a rattling noise I had a rattle at idle. I finally got around to looking for it and found it to be the top engine cover forward of the oil filter cap. I cold see the mark on the underside of the engine cover. I used top technology to fix this: I glued a garden hose...
  17. F

Dashboard covers

Does anyone make a nice dashboard cover for these cars? Dad would like to moderate the Colorado sun's impact on his black dash. The ones I am seeing have mixed reviews with some complaints about the velcro tape attachments. Thanks.
  18. F

Air Conditioner is WEAK

Dad bought a '15 GSW last month and he is telling me the A/C is weak with output temperature in the 50's. I noticed that my GSW A/C is under-whelming also but I didn't check the temperature Is there something going on because these cars sat for two years that the air conditioners are weak...
  19. F

SG II adjust bst

How do I adjust the BST Boost display on my x-Gauge for my home altitude of about 5,200 feet. Can't seem to find that anywhere. Tnx
  20. F

Bought one

Sold Back my wife's '13 and got her a "new" 2015 sportwagen on Thursday. Ended up keeping $1,000 on the deal. Dad liked the new car so much he went and bought one too on Friday. Doug at the Boulder Colorado VW was great. Maybe the best car sales guy I have dealt with. So I will probably...