Search results

1. Eivind

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

That's about what I have done. Got an '04 A4 Avant quattro for cheap (it had a lot, and still has a few issues), and had the B5 parked last winter. A weird feeling almost, adjusting the ride height slightly this year it was like barely any time had passed – They turned so easy! That would be...
  2. Eivind

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

So good to hear! I've been following this all along. I do also adore my Audis, especially the B5 with around 520k on the chassis. Really nice to hear people taking good care of these!
  3. Eivind

AWX or AVF in my 2000 B5 A4?

Rewease: I believe the B6 still has the mechanically driven fan. Atleast my brother's '03 with the AVF engine. Maybe this was a change incorporated on the B7? I worked on a B7 PD140 2.0 8v the other day, but can't remember the fan setup. I agree with you the updated fuel cooling is a smoother...
  4. Eivind

For me that was the case yes. I took the relay out, and things seem to work normaly. I think on my car it was the leftmost relay on the upper row, kind of hard to get to. But just feel the relays – I think you should be able to feel vibration from the one buzzing. Hope this helps you.
  5. Eivind

Hi f4ri4, There are some differences between these two generations, at least for the Audis, where most of my experience lies. I am guessing it translates more or less to the Passat, but I'm not sure. You have a 3B Passat, and are dealing with a 3BG donor? There's the type of fuel cooling...
  6. Eivind

Can I4 TDI's drift?

Title might sound silly, but I am wondering: Can say a 1.9 PD TDI, with some good tuning (GTB2260 and a cam, 250+ hp), with 4Motion or quattro be able to do donuts on dry pavement? I have seen some tuned TDI, and some very powerful ones on Youtube, but they are usualy FWD. Will an I4 TDI in an...
  7. Eivind

***feeler***control your vnt yourself

Sounds amazing! How does it respond if you're cruising along (say 50mph, top gear) and then floor it? What would you think would be the setup process, timewize, if you were to convert another turbo? Do you think this gives the same performance figures as computer controlled (with the same max...
  8. Eivind

I like the 1.4TDI Polo's, think they drive better than the new 1.2 CR. In my engine's case, I guess the slight shaving of the head and 150hp/380nm generic mapping installed by the previous owner didn't help either. Eivind
  9. Eivind

Correct! Headgasket blew second time for me. I believe the head was face milled when it was changed the first time (third in sum), before I bought the car. What's up with those engines blowing head gaskets? Do the heads warp? I could not find any cracks. Thank you very much for information on...
  10. Eivind

So I went for an AVF from a 2003 B6. Very pleased with it!! The engine was bought with 200k km on it. I believed it to be stock, but when it was delivered I noticed an ABT sticker on the ECU. I've had no luck trying to find number figures, even though I believe it to be a generic remap. A...
  11. Eivind

Trying to understand how this could be a better method of boost regulation: Does it make a stronger actuation, more easily overcoming soot buildup and/or corrotion on the variable nozzle mechanism? Can it spool just as quickly, but hold pressure more steady through the rev band (sorry I'm not so...
  12. Eivind

This is interesting, especially for those with TDK/all mechanical pumps, being able to utilize VN-technology with this. Having a PD TDI, with no issues regarding boost regulation in the 70k km I have owned the vehicle (disconnected vacuum from EGR), I see no reason to switch systems myself...
  13. Eivind

Anybody seen this hood lock trick?

If I'm not mistaken, I think the XA2 Toyota RAV4 also has this feature. Thanks for sharing the VW tip!
  14. Eivind

I'm about to get another engine for my B5 Audi A4, with an ATJ coolantoholic (for the third time) in it at the moment. I was wondering which engine code would be the better choice, with possibly some tuning in the future on mind. I've been seraching for 1.9 8v PD-TDI, to retain compatibility...
  15. Eivind

2 stroke oil in your diesel = smiles?

ramvw: Man, you have spent a lot of fuel idling!:p Almost understandable though, as sub -40 degree temperatures must be insane! I think -30 degrees is really cold... From what I've read here and experienced with my PD TDI, it seems like the advantages of additives, or 2-stroke oil atleast, are...
  16. Eivind

I used twostroke in my fuel for a while not long ago (Biltema mineral, 200:1), about 5-6 liters total. Then I stopped, because I didn't hear a difference, the engine felt a little peakier and maybe a little weaker on the top end. I recently had to change the head gasket (second time, first time...
  17. Eivind

Remapped with 2-stroke oil as an additive, could that mean increased performance?
  18. Eivind

Oh, I see. Hadn't thought of it that way.. Interesting how much an additive can change the properties of the fuel, and also add lubricity. Though hardly noticeable, I am not sure whether i like the extra low end/less top end (engine already has plenty on the bottom).
  19. Eivind

This is interesting! I really enjoy reading here. :) Still fueling my B5 A4 ATJ with 2-stroke as an additive, hoping to extend the life of the engine, and maybe stay a little warmer (with the higher EGTs:p We have cold winter).