Search results

1. V

Front End Noises

The car has developed some front suspension symptoms; a rubber groan over speed bumps & abrupt road depressions, occasional knocks when hard braking & I think a slight pull to the right. None of them are really loud or frequent yet. I'm thinking the lower arm bushing that is often mentioned...
  2. V

King sized Tools

So after I changed out the door handle cable, I started thinking I should buy the VW "Interior Trim Panel Remover" tools, T10383. No stock in VW's system here in Canada, so I went to Amazon and found a set. When they showed up, I was blown away by the size of wedges. I was expecting something...
  3. V

Body Shop Guys are Mechanical Hacks

So in the spring we had the Passat in for the repair & repaint of a scrape on the driver's door & front fender (my sister backed into it in her 08 Passat wagon). For the repaint, they had to remove the driver's door mirror, which of course needs the door trim to be removed. That trim had never...
  4. V

Front Door Handle Problem

I've got a problem with the passenger front door, it's getting harder to open. The outer handle needs to be pulled further than the other handles to open the door. I've attached two photos, showing the handles pulled out to where they start to meet resistance. You can see the problem handle has...
  5. V

Frozen Windows

Unseasonably cold here (-20s C), and all four windows are frozen and won't go down. Any quick solutions or do I just wait for spring? Yours Vern
  6. V

Climatronic Door Motors

So the situation is this: I had the left side temp door motor replaced in 2017. Once last year it appeared to fail again, but the problem resolved itself after running the button combo on the control head that cycles all the doors. Last week, the problem recurred. VCDS indicated a stuck...
  7. V

First out of warranty fault, and nearly first fault since new.

So the car had it's first out of warranty failure today, the left hand temp blend door motor has met it's maker, sticking the driver side vents on bake. The tech used a borescope to confirm the fault code, and apparently the motor has separated and jammed. Curiously, the repair manual seems to...
  8. V

Passat vs F350. Passat Loses

So I'm at my friend's house watching football last Sunday. Something I've been doing more often than not for 18 years or so. He owns a tree planting company, and one of his employees parks on the company F350 Crewcabs a little up the hill from my car. Without setting the parking brake. So the...