Search results

1. V

New hybrid TDI from VW

Read this article about the new 3 row, 7 passenger hybrid crossover SUV from VW that is planned to be built in Chattanooga on the MQB platform and with a TDI!New TDI Hybrid
  2. V

Scan Gage II FS

SOLD For sale is a Scan Gage II with an OBD Y cable so you can keep it plugged into the diagnostic port and install the other end of the Y cable to allow for easy OBD diagnostic / VCDS connections. Programmed X gages include Turbo Boost, EGT, Coolant Temp and Battery volts. Set up for the PIDs...
  3. V

FS: Used set of LED Tailights, one lens cracked

FOR SALE is a set of 4 NMS Passat LED taillights. The left trunk housing has a cracked lens (starred), due to me backing into something in my garage. Since I couldn't buy just a single replacement light, I bought an entire set and changed them all out. These cost $440 new and have been in use...
  4. V

B7 Passat Audi Style Headlamps

SOLD: Passat Audi Style Headlamps I've upgraded to a new style HID headlamp, those with the LED white strip that looks solid. So I have my Audi Style headlamps with HID, Angel eyes and 12 LEDs across the front for sale. included are the wiring adapters as well. There is nothing wrong with these...
  5. V

EGR Leak?

EGR / charge air Leak? Yesterday, noticed a sound that sounds like compressed air being released when the engine is under load between 2000-2500 RPM accelerating. I can reproduce it at will when driving. It is coming from the adjacent to the firewall, with the radio and ac off, it is very...
  6. V

Engine Oil Sensor - Extended Service Interval in Passat TDI

I was planning on installing the engine oil sensor (in conjunction with my 20K oil change) that I purchased and got all wired into the cluster. However, after I got the insulation cover off the oil pan, I was seriously bummed that there was no cover plate or hole that I could remove to install...
  7. V

Calling all new Beetle TDIer's

I actually have a '12 Passat TDI, that has been modified somewhat with HID headlights and LED tails. My recent modification involved installing a oil sump thermal sensor and wiring it to the dash, something which the new Beetle TDI's have from the OEM. I got it all installed this past weekend...
  8. V

20K Service

20K Service & Oil Sensor Installation Did my 20K service today. Changed cabin filter, rotated tires (all 4 Hankooks got 6mm tread left), changed oil and filter, added 1.75 gallons adblue (same as at 10K service), changed fuel filter. When I changed the fuel filter, I allowed the old one to...
  9. V

Loose Parts

I removed the battery and airbox today to run some wires for my upcoming oil level sensor project and a LED DRL bypass circuit. Noticed that the bolt which secures this air tube to the block was completely backed out, but fortunately was captive in its mount. It appears that this air tube sucks...
  10. V

400 Watt inverter install

While installing the rear LED tail lights, rear AC ducts and having the car torn apart for an inappropriate amount of time, I decided to mount an inverter for power on demand. I installed a 120 V receptacle with one outlet and 2 USB power ports. The USB power is generated right in the device...
  11. V

More LEDs

Since I had the left lower section of the dash out to facilitate installation of new circuits to the BCM, I took this opportunity to add lighting to the driver side storage box. I have a selector switch for either a red or white LED to come on (1PDT, center OFF) when the door is opened. I used...
  12. V

Underhood LED's

Since there was no underhood light, I decided to add one. A good one, since most underhood lights are pathetic excuses for a light, similar to the B7 trunk lamp. Everything here cost about $40. Got this 30 LED strip from superbrightleds: WFLS-CW30-BK: 50cm[19.7in] Cool White Weatherproof High...