Search results

1. Thunder Chicken

Body sheet metal parts

Are there any aftermarket sheet metal parts for a '12 wagen? I need rocker panels. Rear quarter panels. OEM is the entire side of car in one piece for +$1g each..... Sprayfoam/fiberglass is not being ruled out, but i need to fix these holes soon. Warrenty was denied for the typical stupid reasons.
  2. Thunder Chicken

flashing glow plug light-scan included

So recently we've been getting an occasional flashing glow plug light. I scanned the car this morning as it started right after we fired up to warm up the car. It was -34c. This car is Stage 2 Deleted. I do have the complete scan, a few weird intermittent codes in seat warmers, some lights...
  3. Thunder Chicken

G12 antifreeze substitute?

So, I would use G12 to tip off my low redivide if I could get it. Nearest VW is 4 hours away. I can’t just add water and dilute it taking a chance as we are into the -20/-30 weather here. I picked up some ‘European’ stuff at Napa which days it’s compatiabke with Audi/VW and mentions diesel...
  4. Thunder Chicken

Brake and clutch bleeding

I’ve done some searching and found different opinions….. I have a ‘12 wagon TDI, I’m doing a rear brake job (new calipers and all). I’ve never likely changed the brake fluid so may as well flush that too! A few questions about the bleeding procedure… So I do not have a pressure bleeder and can...
  5. Thunder Chicken

A/C system leaks- I think.

I remember searching and reading lots last year about the AC system and I forget all I learnt. I did summize that the refrigerant was all leaked out so I added a can of R12 (can’t buy 134 here) and that seemed to give me nice cold air for the rest of the short summer we had left. Now, 9 months...
  6. Thunder Chicken

Hatchback washer spray nozzle

My rear window washer nozzle has been pooched for quite some time. I get fluid back there, that’s not the issue. the nozzle itself is gone, and the cap/cover (of which I have a new one) has not been on for a while as it got knocked off removing ice.... Is there a replacement or better yet a...
  7. Thunder Chicken

Leaky washer fluid bottle

First world problem.... huh, washer fluid bottle is empty again?! So seeings as I have the front end apart to do struts/springs, I tear into the washer bottle. Well only had to take the fog light out, wheel well liner right out and still reach and curse a little. then of course VW uses some...
  8. Thunder Chicken

diagnosing AC with VCDS?

No cold air with AC on. I can 'hear' a funny sound in the air vent, not a fan noise but something else. I have VCDS. Any particular values I should look for to know where the problem is? I see there is a valve in the compressor that is a common failure item.... if it needs gas I have a...
  9. Thunder Chicken

electrical issues affecting radio

SO the radio (RCD310?) quit working in our '12 golf wagon. It would come on intermittantly however. I checked every fise in the car and all appear to be good. (Thanks VW for not putting the fuse diagram in the owners manual) After some seaches and googling, it looked like quite a few others had...
  10. Thunder Chicken

louder than normal 'dieseling' sound

Hi folks. Im a long time reader, of the fourms, don't post too much as I don't have anything to smart to add! Learned a fair bit about TDI's, i've had VW's for 15 years now..... Currently I have a '12 wagon. Recently had the VW emissions fix, then deleted everything and Stage 2 Malone tune...
  11. Thunder Chicken

Importing an Amarok

Hello, did a quick search of the forms and did not find any info..... I know the Amarok truck is not sold in the US or Canada, which is a shame. I would love a 2.0l diesel manual little truck. Before I go looking into importing one and spending hours on the phone with the government, does...
  12. Thunder Chicken

2012 Golf Wagon TDi poor milage

Good day, I have a 2012 Golf Wagon, TDI, 6MT. I now have 17000km. The last few months and long trips we've gone on (4 hrs) the car is not getting very good mileage. Last night I figured we are getting about 42mpg. That's imperial gallons. (My 2000 Jetta auto gets 53) I notice the DPF regen...