Search results

1. C

TDI Claims Portal

What happens if my mileage is lower than the amount IMO put in he initial estimate? I believe I will end up in a lower mileage bracket. Will they adjust this for me at the time of return??
  2. C

TDI Claims Portal

Definitely curious how this goes. One day a week hardly seems efficient but I guess that's par for the course with VW on this. Not a priority for them..
  3. C

TDI Claims Portal

Same here. I'm now past my "10 business day" guarantee and still no response. I'm beyond aggravated with the process. Mine has been parked since April. Want this over with now.
  4. C

My 2013 Passat Totaled in an Accident Last Month

How are you guys figuring out the mileage adjustment?
  5. C

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Already bought it's replacement. 2015 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee. I Wanted a mustang and to get back into a V8 but Mustang isn't practical everyday vehicle for the mountains and snow. So quick SUV ended up on the short list. Have had it almost 3 months and I love it. It's easily my most favorite...
  6. C

Another Recall

You may be right. I own a jeep now and received my first recall within 60 days of ownership lol. :D Time will tell.
  7. C

Another Recall

Feels like I've been getting one per month. I've owned a number of vehicles and no other vehicle has had anywhere close to the recalls this car has had. That's before you even mention the other "big" issue we all face. June 21st can't get here soon enough.
  8. C

Running rough when cold driving

If it was an injector wouldn't the problem be persistent no matter what the operating temp was? I have zero symptoms after the car reaches say 100f.
  9. C

Running rough when cold driving

Mine does this as well. I don't think it is acceptable for the vehicle to be stumbling through its warmup and I'm not convinced that's ALL it is.....however I have zero desire to dump any money into it and once it's warmed up and driven for about 2 min there is no issues. If I was under...
  10. C

Went from 40+ MPG to 10+ MPG. Time to move on...Sort of..

Me too. I will be watching closely in the next 2-3 years and might pick one up. It's hard to imagine another 200+ hp. But it sure sounds fun! Lol
  11. C

Nice! X5 is a great vehicle. Yeah my commute is now under 10 miles. I don't think I will ever take a job again with a 100 mile round trip commute. Not sure it's worth it anymore.
  12. C

SOS- car won't crank- warning lights- no code

Sounds like a battery to me. I'd rule that out before I started panicking about all the other possibilities.
  13. C

Fly wheel failure

That's awesome news! Can you share any driving style or characteristics that you do on a daily basis that perhaps could be tied to the premature failure? I assume you have some sort of highway commute with that many miles. I'm just curious as it really just looks like an unfortunate random...
  14. C

You did and thank you. I do still own a TDI and probably will for at least 3-6 months until VW buys it back. So AT least until then I will be very interested in this forum. I'm also hoping someone will want to buy my subwoofer setup for their Passat. It's custom and badass for anyone...
  15. C

Thanks. What exhaust are you going with? I was really liking the GT haus but the price and the fact it's an O/R exhaust I'm not sure I want to mess with the emissions testing. I do plan to get some sort of cat back at a minimum. Probably keep it mostly stock for now. Post up a pic of yours :D
  16. C

I had been trying to sell the TDI right before the scandal hit and when it did drop it pretty much crushed my plans to do anything for a while. Well fast forward and I've lost patience plus I do think VW is nearing a solution. How long it will take to completely resolve this and for me to...
  17. C

New Owner - What do you wish you would have known?

Hopefully you paid at least 10k less than that windshield price! My only regret is this scandal mess and me not being able to get rid of the car on my terms. Can't wait for the mess to be over. Get a Scan gauge to monitor regens. And as others have mentioned drive it very easy when it is...
  18. C

2014 passat buy or not

No way I'd buy a VW now or in the future. Done with this company. That being said if you must 21k is overpriced in this market. Nobody is buying these cars. I'd offer them 15k tops.
  19. C

High elevation, hill climb, high load overheating?

While I'm not disagreeing with you I do think it's overkill and possibly just coincidence at this point. I like you went after the dealer, called VWOA, made the tech drive with me for a 45 minute drive in a brand new Passat TDI off the lot to replicate. that car got hot, not quite as hot as...