Search results

1. S

2003 TDI Wagon EGR & ASV delete Vacuum line & valves

yes, i will keep it , if i ever need to replace the N75 i think it will work.
  2. S

Thanks Krash, I modified Per the vacuum diagram, left the change over and n18 plugged in but no vacuum hoses going to them. seemed to work well, broke the nipple on the check valve by The brake booster, in process of replacing it. Thanks for your help
  3. S

Good afternoon, i have searched and read quite a few post on this but i would like to verify a couple things. the N18 is not in the vacuum hose diagram, what should i do with the electrical connection? leave plugged in? or can i remove N18 valve ? on the change -over valve electrical connector...
  4. S

Subject: Where was Your Favorite Road Trip?

Icefields parkway , Banff to Jasper ,Canada. 140 miles of awesome views
  5. S

Is there a consensus suspension setup for wagons?

I upgraded/refreshed my suspension about a month ago, 2003 ALH Wagon Koni reds with suplex springs, IDParts had them on sale, They are exactly what i was looking for. -Wagon tow springs in the back -Wagon VR6 springs in front with 14mm spacers . rear is about 1" higher than before front is a...
  6. S

exhaust manifold identification

exhaust manifold hello Nevada , i took off the intake for a cleaning, and it needed it badly, i drilled and mounted the exhaust manifold for a pyrometer. i was expecting the exhaust manifold to have Garrett cast into it, but it looks like am non-OEM exhaust manifold and turbo. i am worried...
  7. S

Exhaust I.D. I think i found it, the exhaust manifold in the picture on this link has the same numbers, under $400 dollars, anybody have any experience with this unit? is it a ticking time bomb...
  8. S

good morning, 2003 jetta wagon, tdi, 220,000 miles doing a intake cleaning along with some EGR refinement . i am adding a pyrometer and i noticed most the recommended location is between the r's on the cast in Garrett on the exhaust manifold . mine does not have garrett cast into the manifold...
  9. S

Wahoo, got my Boost back

hello Black00Jetta, not sure if N75 was sticking , i still have the old one i could dissect it. uhoh, unplugged origanal MAF, car ran better, thought this was a sign that it needed to be replaced. Randy, ask away, if someone on this thread can help , mission accomplished P.S. i would like...
  10. S

Wahoo, got my Boost back

This took way longer than should have, been fighting inconsistant Boost and a side order of Limp mode. Did the basics , replaced MAF Sensor, helped some but Boost still not right, replaced hoses with Silicone hoses from McMaster Car ( these seemed to soft to me, thought they may be collapsing...
  11. S

Scenic Roads

some of my favorites My favorite is probably the Icefields Parkway 93 , Alberta CA. If you going to Bear tooth , make sure and drive Chief joseph highway 296, had the pleasure of riding it each of the last two years. Highlights From my ride to Alaska this year, The Alcan massive expances of...
  12. S

o-rings for Condenser & dryer

Thanks , I will bite the bullet and go to the stealer ship
  13. S

o-rings for Condenser & dryer

I am going to replace my Condenser (hole from road debris) and Dryer. could someone verify what O-rings I would need to order for this repair. tried a search, did not find much on o-ring part numbers thanks in advance for any help. Have a good day, Craig
  14. S

2003 GTI Recaro's in my 2003 Wagon

yes I am planning on switching out the rear seats also,might try adding metal strips to the bottom of the seat base and Velcro them in place (thanks Truman). I will noodle that once I get the back seats out and start test fitting. thanks again for all the input
  15. S

thanks, I was a little worried that drilling would cause a little static charge , and bang I would be picking up my drill and teeth. I will let you know how it goes thanks again
  16. S

Good afternoon all, I am in the process of changing my Stock seats to a set of used 2003 GTI Recaro seats.The passenger front Recaro seat Airbag had deployed (fabric has already been repaired) and I am planning on taking the airbag from my stock seat and transfer it to the Recaro Seat. My...
  17. S

Mobil 1 TDT deal at Autozone

Thanks for the heads up, hit 3 stores bought 8 gallons.:D
  18. S

My first TDI, 2003 Wagon

looks MAF'ish Thanks everyone, Unplugged MAF and plugged back in , car ran pretty good. unplugged and left unplugged car seemed to run better. will try the Cage mod and lube the connection and see how she drives. still plan on taking it to local Guru for an overview by someone how knows what...
  19. S

My first TDI, 2003 Wagon

Thanks, I will try unplugging MAF and see what affect it has. I will look again for and loose or leaking vacuum hoses. Also the intake was cleaned I will need to verify at what mileage. Thank Again, Craig
  20. S

My first TDI, 2003 Wagon

Hello All, Did a Fly n Drive and picked up my new to me 2003 TDI Jetta Wagon (Flew from Dallas to Tampa, picked car up in Sarasota Friday night @ midnight, got back to Dallas Saturday 9:30 pm, long drive) , 5-speed, no sun roof, 200,000 miles, one owner , very nice couple I bought it from too...