Search results

1. M

Ayq sdi engine- potential 200 hp build

Hi Tdi clubbers. I have managed to aquire a complete AYQ Sdi engine removed from a 2002 Caddy for a grand total of £20 Gbp. Does anyone have any experience on power mods with these engines? It is basically a N/A ALH engine. Bore, stroke and compression ratio seem to be the same. I have yet...
  2. M

WTB Golf Mk3/A3 Diesel wiring harness. UK.

Hi, I'm on the look out for complete engine wiring harness including the multi pin plug part that is mounted on the engine going to the glow plugs/sensors etc for an M-TDI conversion. I believe the lighting harness is integrated into this part upto the multi pin plug on the front panel...
  3. M

Golf A3 E-TDI convert to M-TDI

Hi all, I'm in the process of converting my golf from E-TDI to M-TDI. I know all you will probably be well against this ;) I have all the parts to build the pump itself, I'm wondering if anyone has attempted this conversion and can give me some info on what is needed. I belive i would either...
  4. M

AHU boost on stock internals

Hi guys. I have a Golf A3, AHU powered. I'm in the process of fitting this : http://en.turbolader.net/pic/img/999/707/452239-5008S.jpg Along with FMIC, remap etc etc. What boost pressure is safe on stock AHU internals, this car will be my daily. Cheers
  5. M

Golf A3 DP build. Exhaust flex location.

Im fabbing my own DP for my turbo swap. Whats you guys personal opinions on where abouts I should place the flexy section on my down pipe. Cheers guys.
  6. M

Fitting larger turbo, with temporary standard tune.

Hello guys. This is another one of those learning Noooob questions:rolleyes: What would the issues be with temporarily running a larger turbo (GT2052 wastegated) FMIC, 2.5" exhaust etc etc on the standard tune of the AHU engine (1997 Golf) Im fabricating as much as I can my self to keep costs...
  7. M

WANTED AHU 1Z Exhaust Manifold

Would anybody like to sell/lend me an exhaust manifold for the above. I need one for turbo adaptor flange mock-up for my build on a 1997 MK3 Golf fitted with an AHU engine. Of course it would need to be fairly local to me(UK)... Not from across the pond :D Thanks
  8. M

AHU Turbo Possibly?

Hey, I have easy access to a genuine, good condition Ford Transit turbo - 5304 988 0001. Its a K04 turbo. Im not looking for massive power gains, just nice pokey reliable power. I can fabricate adaptors, pipes. I can get things machined etc so theres no problem for me in actually making this...
  9. M

UK AHU VNT Conversion Help

It's me again Guys :D.. I made a post the other day about building a stainless exhaust for my car, In which I said that I wouldn't be doing any turbo conversions any time soon. Well.. I decided to start gathering information on doing a VNT conversion, I am able to fabricate things such as...
  10. M

Mk 3 Golf AHU

Hi Guys :) Just wanna pick ya brains. I'm currently gathering parts to build a turbo back exhaust for my car, I've sourced a place to get the parts from at a reasonable price including a concentric reducer for the turbo flange to downpipe. It will have no cat and a single straight through...