Search results

1. J

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

As far as I can tell from the product description, it is a 505 spec, not necessarily 507.00. It doesn't show the back of the bottle in the photo which would have the specs written out. My 2014 Sportwagen requires 507 due to the DPF etc. and shouldn't use 505 as far as I have researched. Is there...
  2. J

Heater Core Problem common on Jetta?

I had mine replaced last July along with DPF in my 2014 JSW under emissions warranty. Had no idea it was going bad but glad I didn't have to pay for that one.
  3. J

02 Jetta Wagon TDI, auto, white, Norco CA

Asking $3700. 178k miles. Salvage title, newly rebuilt auto trans put in July 2012 (12k miles put on since then). Airbag light on, pass. airbag cover is not set perfectly. Car runs great, AC blows cold. Battery, pads & rotors, alternator, fluids all replaced 6/12 @ 166k. Damage to front bumper...
  4. J

FS: 01m FDB core out of 02 jetta wagon

165,500 original miles, won't shift into reverse, slips between 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th. $100 obo Pickup in Corona Ca, obviously not worth it to ship anywhere.
  5. J

Pentosin + VW ATF?

Will it be really that bad to mix 2 L. of Pentosin in my 01m with the remainder being the VW fluid? I'm doing a swap and will need to do a complete fill (5.7 L or whatever it is) and heard it's bad to mix ATF brands.
  6. J

#2 for $3.65/gal in Woodland Hills CA.

Funny, the 76 near Sepulveda on Roscoe is $4.97, with a Arco a couple blocks down for less than $4. How much diesel do they expect to sell at that price?!
  7. J

Dealer serviced TDI, now I have a fuel leak

I love these "I took my TDI to the dealer for sevice and..." posts. Glad it wasn't worse than what you got.
  8. J

oil plug fell out after dealer oil change

Certainly not Ontario VW, who topped off my 03 Beetle with 87 octane as my complimentary fill-up. Guess who never saw that car again (after they drained and flushed it)?
  9. J

Battery Only lasts 1 week

How about a manual battery shutoff switch placed under the hood? I get em from Napa for my company's heavy equipment, easy to install. Since your dealership seems to be wasting your time and/or insulting your intelligence with the solar panel charger idea... Besides, how is that supposed to...
  10. J

WTB 01m FDB for ALH, car is 02 wagon

Please let me know if you have one you need to get rid of! Thanks Location is Riverside/Corona, Ca. but will travel a bit to get one if I have to.
  11. J

Other ATF options besides VW brand?

I've searched but can't find any options as to what other ATF would meet specs for an 02 Jetta auto. Anyone have any info or suggestions? Thanks!