Search results

1. R

How long does it take a CEL to clear

I got a CEL to come on and it was code P0673, #3 glow plug. I checked the resistances of all 4 and #3 showed infinite resistance, so I knew it was bad. The other 3 all measured about 0.5 ohms. After changing it, the CEL is still on. I haven't checked for any more codes, but how long does it...
  2. R

What kind of connection is this?

While changing oil today in my '06 TDI, I noticed an oily residue on this connection. It is located on the drivers side right behind the radiator down at the bottom. Looks like it may be a gasket or o-ring seal leaking oil. Can anyone identify what this is? [/IMG]
  3. R

How to visually check of air bag system?

This is listed in the maintenance schedule for the A5: "Air Bag System, Visual check every 12 months regardless of mileage" Anyone know what this really means and how do you do it?
  4. R

Oil drain plug vs. washer

Anyone know if the washer is replaceable on the drain plug or do you have to replace the entire plug. I bought a new drain plug from the dealer the other day and all I received was the washer.
  5. R

Changing oil on Rhino ramps

For those of you that change oil on ramps, do you restart the engine and let it run while it is still up in the air and before you reinstall the plastic bottom cover. If not, how do you check for leaks at the drain plug after changing the oil? Thanks
  6. R

Rhino ramp height?

I am getting close to my 5K oil change and will be doing it underneath the car. Since the bottom plastic shield is only about 5 inches above the ground, are the standard Rhino ramps high enough to enable someone to get to all the Torx screws and oil plug? The ones I saw in Walmart looked like...
  7. R

Getting MP3 song titles to show on display

I've changed the radio set up to show detail info for MP3's, but it will only show Track 1, 2, 3, etc. It's my understanding that it should display the album name and the song. Is this working for anybody else and what did you do to make it work? It seems to work fine when it is in Sirius...
  8. R

'06 TDI EPA mileage ratings

\'06 TDI EPA mileage ratings I was at my local dealer today and saw two '06 TDIs on the lot. Both stickers had 36/41 for the mileage rating. So, it looks like they have dropped the highway rating from 43 for the '05.5 to 41 for the '06. Both TDIs had 5 speed manual transmissions. I wonder...
  9. R

TDI prices - what did you pay?

What are some of you paying for the new TDI's? If it is between sticker and invoice, how much are you saving and are you having to haggle to get the price you paid. Thanks
  10. R

What does premium sound mean?

I was comparing the package 1 Jetta with the basic model and both have the same radio package, except the package 1 has premium sound. Just what does premium sound mean in this case?
  11. R

2006 Jetta TDI

Does anyone know when the 2006 Jetta TDI's will come out? Is it late summer like Detroit autos?
  12. R

A5 mileage estimates

Has anyone heard what the EPA mileage estimates for the TDI is expected to be? Think it will be less than the A4's?
  13. R

A5 TDI release date? .........VW doesn't know

A5 TDI release date? .........VW doesn\'t know I inquired through the VW website regarding the timing for the 2006 Jetta TDI and got this email back. I thought those interested in the A5 TDI may want to know that VW doesn't know. ************************** Dear Robert, Thank you for visiting...
  14. R

New Jetta fuel consumption

Does anyone know what the EPA fuel consumption will be on the new Jetta TDI's. I suspect that the new models, being heavier, will probably get less mileage than the current models. Thanks