Search results

1. N

MK7 TDI skid plate

ECS vs Evolution skid plate Does anyone know the difference between the ECS and Evolution skid plates for the MK7? They seem comparable with the ECS being $50 cheaper when including shipping.
  2. N

2005 VW Jetta TDI (MKIV) 5 Spd Manual 110,500mi. Lombard, IL

You're probably going to need a cam and lifters before long. You're using the wrong oil. They are very specific about 505.01. The guy I bought the car from was using the wrong oil and I had to replace the cam and lifters recently.
  3. N

Militec-1... Ever Hear of It???

The reason I committed the "6 year old thread revival" is explained in the last two lines of my post. That's what I though this forum was for. Romad......I believe the "Official" color of your car is Spice Red. I have one just like it.
  4. N

Need to replace turbo 2001 jetta tdi

The best thing I ever did was installing the 1/4" aluminum belly pan. I can't believe the places I've gone with my 2005 Sport Wagon. You can also hear the chunks of road ice bouncing of the pan in the winter.
  5. N

Militec-1... Ever Hear of It???

Militec I was introduced to Militec back in the early 90's. I worked at an asphalt plant and we tried the stuff out in our gearboxes. I've seen the test data and it's really all Greek to me. I had a 1988 Chevy pickup with a 350 at the time and figured since I had access to this stuff I would...
  6. N

oil usage

Confused.....I just replaced cam and lifters in 2005 TDI BEW. From what I gather here, there are better oils that 505.01 and you should wait 10,000 miles between changes. I was also told to change every 5000 miles and am now looking for sound advice on oil and interval.