Search results

1. C

Highly modified 1999.5 Jetta TDI

As noted in description car currently has a 1722 turbo. The Wheels are standard Beetle rims now. The ones on the car in this picture started to leak. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296810
  2. C

electrolysis

Anyone ever hear of using the alt to split water to enrich intake air?
  3. C

WTB: Mk4 hood, fenders and horn

1999.5 Mk4 jetta in need of replacement horn, hood and left and right front fenders. For now my fenders are okay, just looking for backups since they are a known weakness. Could also be interested in front bumper. ny, nj , pa. North east, willing to drive a bit to pu.
  4. C

Fastest TDI's Standing Mile Results

Write this date down on your calendars: June 25-26, 2011 The guys on the west coast are going to the salt flats this year. The mid-west has the Texas Mile and the East Coast has the Maxton Mile (North Carolina). I plan on going down to Maxton for the June 25-26 races. Here is the...
  5. C

258 mpg

Oops, looks like I jumped the gun on this. My Son-in-Law sent me this in an email and I took it at face value and posted it here. After doing a little research it appears to be a viral hoax on the internet about a VW prototype that may never see the light of day as a production car since the...
  6. C

Turbo Boost Flutter, harmonic problem?

I've had so many other issues with my setup that I haven't really paid much attention to the turbo boost flutter I get around 24# of boost. I have run 4 different tunes, 5 different injectors, with and without a CAT and with different actuator settings. The flutter is there under every...
  7. C

E = C((B/14.7)+1) - Boost Effective Compression

My current compression is somewhere around 17:1 and I am running peak boost of about 28# (may go higher when I install the 4 Bar Map sensor) My compression is somewhere around 360 to 420. Two different compression tests on two different days, don't know which is correct. Car starts fine at 30...
  8. C

Front sway bar -vs- Rear Sway bar

I know it is generally not a good idea to go against convention, and had I seen horror stories about guys putting in front sway bars I wouldn't bother putting up this thread. I have shine springs with FSD and all new AudiTT bushings. The car has very slight neutral/oversteer which changes...
  9. C

LSD, A funny thing happened on my way to 60 MPH

I had a flat stretch of road and nothing better to do, so I figured I would try to get an approximate 0 to 60 time. Did this a couple of times, but one time stood out. While accelerating the power was shifting from right to left about 8 or 10 times. I figured it was the LSD, but it was a little...
  10. C

Jersey Dyno Day Rocketchip Dyno Pull Lottery

If you plan to get a chip tune at the Jersey Dyno on SATURDAY November 20th Sign up here for a chance to get a free pull BEFORE you get tuned. The night of November 19th, either Jason or myself will pull a name out of a hat and post the winner.
  11. C

Twin Turbo

Anybody know where we can get one of these? http://www.sinodiesel.com/index.php/tech-doc/57-engine/289-opel-twin-turbo-revolutionizes-diesel-engine-technology.html
  12. C

Joizey Dyno Day Food Thread

The Dyno facility is not really set up for spectators or feeding hoards of Tdi junkies so ... I will bring a table and a garbage pail. I plan to make a Pizza run around lunch time. Things you might want to bring: Cold cuts, Snack food, Soda, Water, Coffee and Hot Chocolate. Cups and napkins...
  13. C

Jersey Dyno Day with ROCKETCHIP

Dyno Day will be SATURDAY November 20, 2010. (yea I know not technically in NJ, but close enough :) ) This will be a ROCKETCHIP event. DynoDynamics 2WD version of the one used for NEDD at Dents. Either PM ChippedNotBroken to be added to the list or add yourself with a post First Dyno will...
  14. C

I've got the answer to my Smoke problems

Okay, I've been told this is a re-run, but even reruns can be fun to watch when they are apprepos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SNk9_3YMcI
  15. C

Another 2260 Build

MOVING ON TO OTHER THINGS. CAR SOLD. As noted below in the spec's, the car currently has a 17/22 turbo. Now that Matt Whitbread has finished the fabrication and installation of my 2260 it seemed appropriate to start a thread. Pictures will follow. Below is a pretty comprehensive list. I will...
  16. C

New build when to do First Oil analysis

Matt Whitbread is building a completely new engine for my 99.5 Jetta. I was wondering when I should do the first oil analysis and what I should be looking for. I will start with whatever oil Matt deems appropriate as the break in oil.
  17. C

Water only Alternative to NOX?

This theory is for 1/4 mile or 1 mile runs only. Water can absorb a lot more O2 than Co2 and we all have a pretty good idea how much CO2 water can absorb. First take distilled water and raise it to boiling in order to devolve any absorbed gasses. Using a soda canister and a compressed O2...
  18. C

High Altitude -vs- Sea Level speed runs

The title says it all, there have been a few threads about people taking trips and running into issues at high altitude and another thread about putting together a GTG at the Salt Flats for a Flying Mile Run. Can anyone say with authority, what needs to be done to your car if you are going from...
  19. C

Stainless Steel Rotors

Most of my brakes get replaced because of rust damage. I've seen stainless rotors around and wondered if anyone had ever used them.
  20. C

Hydroplaning with wide tires

When you add lots of power the stock tires just don't cut it. Wider tires follow and the risk of hydroplaning through puddles in the road increase. I am looking for feedback from people on the forum who run 215 or wider width tires and their experience going through pooled water at speeds over...