Search results

1. V

2002 Jetta TDI - MAJOR Oil burning

When I blew my turbo I managed to fog out an entire neighborhood. Is it even possible for the valve seals to leak enough to provide constant smoke? Just hoping it is not the cylinder walls. good luck
  2. V

It is not up for sale yet

What would be your number on the car if it did come up for sale?
  3. V

Should I sell my Jetta TDI wagon or refurbish it?

Let me know if you decide to sell it...
  4. V

TDI CUA 240HP to 420HP attempt

This is super cool, definitely following this build...
  5. V

FOR SALE: Mk4 Rally light bar

do you still have the flat black one?
  6. V

1981 Rabbit Pickup TDI $6950

I want this so very badly.
  7. V

what do you do when you run out of diesel?

I did this yesterday, I think my fuel sender isn't calibrated correctly. I installed an in-tank Lift pump and just I just let it run for a minute or two and the car fired right up. The only downside is that if the pump goes out the IP can't pull fuel past it. It's easy to bypass it if this...
  8. V

Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI?

My father and I have been the only two owners of my Jetta Wagon. I have every service receipt since it had 30 miles. I truly love this car more than some people. I swapped the trans and no matter what has broken over the years, I keep fixing it because it's not just a car, it's my diesel-powered...
  9. V

Anyone with a S7 turbo?

Just to put my .02 in... I have put almost 18k on my S7 with the tune from Kerma. Charlie and I went back and forth a few times and fine-tuned the tune for it until I was happy. Their customer service has been, by far, the best I've ever experienced. I drive my car hard and never "lug" the...
  10. V

Welp, I think my VNT-17 bit the dust.

I second this, the S7 turbo they sell is excellent too. Previously, I ran a vnt17 and am now running an S7 and I couldn't be happier.
  11. V

"The White Unicorn"

That thing is awesome. Very similar engine mods to mine. Good Luck!!!
  12. V

"Cold-air intakes" and "high-flow air filter" FAQ

Idk how similar this is, but I have the OMI on my mk4 running the stock box and I definitely hear a little intake noise, but for hearing spool it’s really the down pipe and exhaust that determines the quality of that. We don’t really get much compressor noise on these small diesels. I’ve heard...
  13. V

VW Golf 06 overheating and slow to start

Do these cars come stock with metal or plastic impeller water pumps? The Mk4 cars come with plastic ones that can slip on the shaft especially when they get hot.
  14. V

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I did a fair bit today, but it was completely worth it. I fixed my HVAC foam issue with some denatured alcohol and aluminum tape, everything seems to be holding up. That foam is a mess when it gets on you. I also put in a pioneer radio so my 2002 wagon now has Carplay. Then I addressed a...
  15. V

Monsoon Radio not Working

This post just saved me from a very quiet road trip. Thanks guys!!!!
  16. V

is anyone using turbo blankets in here?

So, as for cooking oil in the turbo due to excess heat after shutdown, couldn't that problem be solved by idling the car for a minute before shutting down? I thought that's what we had to do because our turbos are only oil cooled. I'd like the idea of using a blanket to control under hood temps.