Search results

1. D

New tune new MAP sensor 16490 code.

I just upgraded my injectors set the I/Q to 5 via hammer mod, got my tune upgraded from stg2 to stg4 And installed a new 3 bar MAP. Im now getting 16490 codes. It won't produce any boost with the 3 bar map and won't rev over 2500. If I pug in my old (stock) 2.5 bar map (outside of the...
  2. D

Hidden hitch Vs Draw-tite

I'm looking at getting a hidden hitch or Draw-Tite hitch for my 03 wagon. from my understanding the Sedan hidden hitch will fit and give me a little more clearance but I'm not sure if the Draw-Tite sedan hitch will fit on my wagon. 1st: will the Draw-TITE sedan fit on my wagon?? 2nd: do either...
  3. D

Early TDIfest hook up

If anyone is around Point beach state forest and wants to hook up let me know. I'll be here Wednesday and Thursday night.
  4. D

R520's stock turbo and RC2??

I would like to install R520's in anticipation of the new hybrid turbo I hope to have in the next 6 months or less. I've currently got a 1749A with RC2 tune. I'm looking for opinions on if anyone thinks I could melt things down running this set up???? I know I would have to adjust IQ with vag...
  5. D

VNT20 assembly

I'm building a VNT20 hybrid and I found some threads that that show what I believe is the older VNT assembly with 9 blades and it also showed a newer version with a 12 blade design. Does the current replacement come with a 9,11 or 12 blade? Can anyone confirm this or was the 12 blade design...
  6. D

Reputable supplier of Billet compressor wheels????

As the title states, can anyone suggest some reputable suppliers of Billet compressor wheels?? I'm not just talking about billet copies of standard wheels, I'm talking about suppliers that produce upgraded wheels. Extended tips, altered blade counts, taller blades, slimmer nose/ hub etc...
  7. D

Low MPG's, low EGT's

I had a problem for a while now that my mileage has dropped down to about 36-38 MPG highway 32-34 city. I've noticed that I get puff of white smoke at start up and I'm hard pressed to to get the EGT's above 800-1000F summer or winter driving. I use to be able to get 1000-1400F when I really...
  8. D

FS: MK4 rear wagon springs

I have a set of MK4 Jetta rear wagon springs from a TDI. color code: 4 brown 1 silver. $50.00 USD buyer pays shipping. Local pick ok. located in St Paul MN.
  9. D

Turbo technology

Not in a TDI yet but I wonder how long it will take to get there. http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/9243875/revealed-how-mercedes-packaging-of-their-turbo-engine-has-given-them-the-edge
  10. D

help with a hybrid turbo build

I want to upgrade my VNT-15 turbo with a hybrid and was wondering if anyone has tried a VNT-17 hot side with a gtxx52 .53 A/R compressor housing using a 36-38mm compressor wheel. I'm looking to get around 175HP after tuning and piping/intercooler upgrade with room to grow in the future maybe...
  11. D

MFS VTN-17 upgraded compressor wheel question

I would like to upgrade my VNT-15 with a hybrid turbo. I'm wondering how this MFS wheel would work if I got a VNT-17 and machine my VNT-15 compressor housing to fit. Its got a 36mm inducer but i'm wondering about the exducer 52mm. The trim is lower than the stock VNT-17. How would this effect...
  12. D

Shine Rear sway bar in the winter

I'd like to get the shine RSB. I understand that it really balances out the car. Can anyone chime in on how it handles in the snow and or rain. I'm currently running Shine springs W/TT bushings and Bilstein TC front and HD rears,
  13. D

MPG's driving by EGT's and or boost

I read a thread about keeping EGT's below 600F for better mileage. Before I saw this thread I told my wife (to try to teach her drive) to keep boost below 5psi if possible. I found that if The boost is kept below this that the EGT's tend to be below 600F(especially in the winter in the...
  14. D

RC3 tuning and hardware + WMI

I have RC 2, PP520, stock turbo and would like to upgrade to RC3. I read the below link in regaurds to RC3. Ive got everything needed except for maybe thru exhaust. What does that mean? Larger exhaust is needed or recomended? How much power would I be getting with RC3 and PP520's and would I...
  15. D

FS: New Snow performance Max-MPG WMI TDI kit and new Magnaflow muffler

FS: New unused Snow Performance MAX-MPG kit for a TDI. $625.00 USD FS: New unused Magnaflow Stainless steel muffler 2.5" muffler $75.00 Buyer pays shipping Snow performance kit weighs 12lbs Magnaflow wieghs 15 lbs Local pick up ideal Both items are still in the box. I know that am...
  16. D

FS: New Snow performance MAX-MPG kit

I have a new unused still in the box Snow Performance MAX-MPG kit for a TDI. I desided I did not want it after it was shipped. I found out that If I returned it I could only get store credit. I would rather have the cash. Price is $675+ shipping Local pick up would be Ideal. Would consider...
  17. D

RC2 and RC3 difference?

I recently noticed that I wrote that I had RC3 in my info. That is not true, I have RC2. I have changed my info. What's the difference between RC2 and RC3. What mods are needed for RC3? Would it be worth the upgrade? I've got RC2, PP520, race pipe. (high flow muffler, lift pump and intercooler...
  18. D

Looking for more power on a budget

I've got an ALH with PP520's, RC3, SBC stage 2 SMF and race pipe. I'll soon have a high flow muffler. I'm looking for more power without smoke. I've got a budget of about $500. I was thinking about picking up a PD lift pump. What are you recomendations?
  19. D

Springs and things

I would like to buy the Shine Real Street springs for my MK4 wagon but want the rear springs not to sag too much when my wife LOADS up the car. I saw in an old post from 2010 that Kwhiner had the Real Street package for about 9 years with the 225frt/200rr. Most of the information states that...