Search results

1. M

3.0 TDI swap to D2 S8 questions

What kind of immobilizer BKN has? Could it be deleted? I am looking for simplest 3,0 swap for older Audi.
  2. M

The most powerful 2.5tdi V6

Has anyone tried limits of automatic transmission? I probably have to change new cams etc and I want more power than stock tuned engine. So is there any point to do it with stock automatic transmisson?
  3. M

1974 Corvette...with a TDI?

Updates?
  4. M

1.6l td performance?

Quick estimate. 200-220hp and 450nm :)
  5. M

All go and no show - who's got the most modded TDI with standard family car looks?

Audi 80 quattro type 85. Stock 14 inch steelies with stock plastic wheel covers and stock ride height. Boost gauge and 2x60mm exhaust tip are only visible mod outside or inside. 1,9 idi under hood. Ran 14,4 @ 1/4mile. Sleepers are the best :D
  6. M

Audi 90 quattro (B4) 2.5 TDI conversion

I just read your topic at MG and realized its already running :D I don't know how I haven't noticed it before :( Definately intresting build! I had -93 100 with AAT, never had any problems with cheapo ebay vag-usb cable. Maybe that older ecu is more problematic.
  7. M

Audi 90 quattro (B4) 2.5 TDI conversion

Maybe it would be better to use later ecu and wiring from Transporter? Is there more work to install vacuum pump than drill&tap a few holes to head?
  8. M

AHU head on an AFN? Identical?

Sure, how much :D Woodruff camshafts are for gassers. Yes, they are in same picture in etka.
  9. M

AHU head on an AFN? Identical?

Diesels never had woodruff key, all had tapered cone.
  10. M

The most powerful 2.5tdi V6

Will Cummins monster pumps fit to 2,5? Where is stock pump limiting power? How much will stock con rods handle? Thinking of twin vnt:s and 400+hp :lol:
  11. M

Solid Lifters

I used Nissan 1,7D lifters in my 1,9. Older VW shims will fit in these and are drop in instead of hydraulic lifter.
  12. M

1.6 td

You don´t need much fuel to get 18psi, if boost is controlled by fuelling. Limit boost to 18psi with controller and you can add much more fuel. It´s fuel that makes the power, not boost. For example, I've seen several 1,6 dynoed ~100whp with stock turbo and boost.
  13. M

1.6 td

You will get more power with real boost controller than blocking wastegate. Stock T3 and K24 will blow 30+psi without controlling, not very efficient.
  14. M

6cyl TDI volvo

Yes. 1,6 diesel with 2 extra cylinders.
  15. M

non vw diesel swap american truck engine into BMW 850 CI

Or http://www.mese.fi/forum/viewforum.php?f=184 Few om606 now over 600hp.
  16. M

non vw diesel swap american truck engine into BMW 850 CI

Om606 is easy to get over 400hp. Good pump, big enough turbo, big intercooler and big exhaust. No need to open even valvecover or oil pan.
  17. M

TDI subframe and 1.9 IDI into a 96 passat wagon

That's intresting, tell more :D I got 220+hp from 1,6TD with 30psi. Mostly built from mech 1,6 NA in AAZ block...
  18. M

TDI subframe and 1.9 IDI into a 96 passat wagon

Stock TDI isn´t any faster than stock AAZ. AAZ is very easy at 110-120hp with a little tuning and intercooler.
  19. M

Volvo / Audi 5 cyl TDI / Peugeot RWD mixup idea

Audis have ZF4HP18 transmissions. Use diesel torque converter. Or, lowest stall speed you can find.
  20. M

1988 audi 80 quattro to pd130

What radiator are you using now? As for intercooler, I´d search something like this. Here is my setup in b2q, B4 TD radiator and pretty similar size intercooler than that ebay one.