Search results

1. J

turbo fail and buyback

so my JSW had 189,600 miles on it and i was gonna hold out the entire two years i could but my turbo went bad the other day and i finally had enough. it could be something as minor as a frayed wire not giving it a signal but i finally had enough dealing with broken stuff on this car. the offer...
  2. J

120K and still loving the Sportwagen!

I'm the same way. I'm keeping mine till Sept 18 but I don't know what to switch into. I'd hate to say it but the Prius is a obvious choice but I'd HATE to conform.
  3. J

120K and still loving the Sportwagen!

i'm at 187k. its been a dream car for me. expect timing belt which was about $1k, sunshade replace which was about $500. and don't get me started on the DPF. i kept nursing that ***** along, which totalled around $1K in repairs, until i deleted it altogether. but its been a GREAT fun quick...
  4. J

Modification payout?

OK thanks. I'm gonna hold out till the last moment and see if the deal sweetens for a buyback or if they get too close to meeting the backbuy quota and force me to take the deal.
  5. J

Modification payout?

Has anyone chosen this option yet? If so do they pay you out and wait for a fix or do they make you wait till a fix until payout? No 2015 model please chime in. You guys have a simple software fix.
  6. J

Current market for modified Mkvi's that VW may not be willing to "fix"

you'll never get that kind of money for it otherwise. best business choice is to do the buyback.
  7. J

NEW TIRE TIME - Should I replace my TPMS

I would never waste my money on that. If they went out I would go in vag com and disable it
  8. J

GTI exhaust on TDI

Sounds pretty sweet. I'm interested to see that. Take a video once it's on. I'd consider it.
  9. J

Mileage and BuyBack Value

i am at 175-180 range on 2010 sportwagen. my value was $11,975. so my vehicle is worth $6,875 and $5,100 for restitution. seems pretty lame and i'll probably just elect at fix and keep my car. seems like i'm not going to lose much value in my car over the years. it looks like i'm getting...
  10. J

highest miles per tank

I've had over 700 but Avg. 46.5mpgs
  11. J

DPF deleted cars and diesel fuel station choice

i'm with you. the car is a million times better. people on these forums really disrespect DPF deletes yet they all believe in a false profit to start with siding with the DPF. it was simply there beat emissions test and shoot out the soot when no one was looking. i for one am looking forward...
  12. J

Off Road diesel question

It doesn't sound worth it for saving 2 bucks on a fill up. I may try it out one day as this station usually just has 1 worker at the register and it's usually an old Indian guy. He probably wouldn't car or even notice a car is parked up to the pump and it takes credit cards.
  13. J

Off Road diesel question

My local fuel stop has off road stuff for about 15 cents less a gallon. I guess there is a red Dyne in it to show road tax or whatever. I have deleted my dpf so if I wanted to save a few bucks, would it matter if I wanted to do this?
  14. J

2013 JSW. Dpf delete question

Go for it. It's worth every penny
  15. J

If VW buys back your JSW, what will you replace it with?

Not much manual transmissiontransmissions out there. I'd probably get a BMW 325i. Possibly 5-10 years old. But most likely if I get 5k for my losing value in my car, I'd just keep this thing for the long haul.
  16. J

Buy Back Letter From Dealer

I'll wait and see where it leads. I have stage 2 as well so I wonder how that will play out for me as well
  17. J

delete question

It's really not bad. Smell is Kindof odorist at times but the car will definitely stop giving you trouble.