Search results

1. Basenji

So long and thanks for all the fish...

It is with some sadness that I say good bye. I have really enjoyed this forum and it has been extremely helpful! I loved my three VW group diesels starting with my 2004 Passat wagon. I loved the low end torque and the fuel economy. I went to a get together and had it chipped! I loved the...
  2. Basenji

Where can I get an extra ECM that will work with a 2013 A3 TDI

I want to get my '13 A3 Premium Plus chipped. I talked to the dealer and they told me that whenever the car goes in for service it gets scanned and the Malone tune shows up. Audi USA doesn't like that and voids the engine warranty. The dealer recommended that I get a spare ECM/ECU, have...
  3. Basenji

Have any of you A3 owners had your car chipped?

If so, who did it, what was the HP and torque increase and were/are you happy with it? I'm thinking I may go with Malone, they have a dealer near here.
  4. Basenji

Factory racks for '05-'10 Jetta with faring $150

Paid $267.74 at dealer. $150 or BRO plus shipping. Email contact is best basenji703@aol.com Because i have this on Craig's list, please mention TDI Club forums in your email, I'm getting a ton of spam and fake paypal offers. Thanks!
  5. Basenji

I had a loner EOS-if it came in diesel, I'd buy one!!!

The EOS was a blast, I'd forgotten how much fun open air driving is. Its fuel economy was pretty bad, only 27 in mixed driving. VW, Please sell a diesel EOS in the US!!!!!!!
  6. Basenji

At 72,000 miles by battery is starting to go. What's a good replacement?

2009 Loyal Edition. As stated 72+K miles. I want to replace it before it craps out one cold morning. What's the best cost effective battery to buy? Thanks!!!
  7. Basenji

Where there ever 6 way power seats for a Mark V?

I put power seats in my 2004 Passat and loved them. I would like to put some in my 2009 Loyal Edition. Is it possible?
  8. Basenji

Directional signals don't show on instrument panel and steering wheel controls don't

work. I have a 2009 Loyal Edition with the steering wheel controls. They have just stopped working and the directional signals, while they do work, don't show up on the instrument panel. I tried to search, but my searchfu is really bad. Help! The clock, fuel economy and temp are working...
  9. Basenji

I need new tires and I'm so confused....

Did the search and came up with about 35 different answers. I had Michelins on my Passat TDI wagon and they lasted for a long time...looking at the Michelin Primacy ratings they don't seem so great. My OEM tires on my 2009 Jetta TDI are going to need to be replaced soon (at 40,000 miles). I'd...
  10. Basenji

Thinking about getting a Bluetooth for my '09, Volk-L or something else?

I'd like to get bluetooth for my 09 TDI. Now that the Volk-l has been out for a while is this a good option or is there something better at a reasonable price point? I'd like it to work with the steering wheel and to cost about $300. The Skoda unit seems cool, but a bit pricey...
  11. Basenji

How do you use Vag-Com to program a 2009 to close windows and sunroof with remote?

I tried this: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Golf5.html at the dealer with Vag-Com and it didn't work. Help!!
  12. Basenji

Thank you Chis Farnham!

Chris or 3193 as he is known here, was extremely helpful to me even though he knew it wouldn't it wouldn't benefit personally from it. He is a straight shooter and should be commended! My semi sad story (that turns out fine).... some of you may have noticed, I have been trying to sell my...
  13. Basenji

Can you do a ventectomy on an 09 Jetta?

If it's been discussed, I couldn't find it. I just filled up for the first time and my filler neck looks a lot different than the one on my '04 Passat TDI. If there's a vent, I couldn't find it. (When you get old, you have trouble finding things!)
  14. Basenji

WTB Roof rack for 2006-2009 Jetta

As above. It's a pain putting the surfboard in the car, although it fits. Thanks, Hank
  15. Basenji

Decided to sell: 2004 Passat TDI Wagon 101,000 miles $18,500

Decided to take the plunge. I will be putting a deposit down on an '09 Jetta TDI Sportwagen. 2004 Passat TDI Wagon which is equipped like a GLS (without fogs, it started out as a GL). Moonroof, ABS, ESP, heated POWER SEATS (installed by a VW Master mechanic), cold weather package, leatherette...
  16. Basenji

Thinking about selling my '04 Passat TDI Wagon, Power seats

I have a 2004 Passat TDI Wagon which is equipped like a GLS (without fogs, it started out as a GL). Moonroof, ABS, ESP,heated POWER SEATS (installed by a VW Master mechanic), cold weather package, leatherette, alloys, newish tires (about 20,000 mi.). Self dimming mirror with compass. The engine...