Search results

1. Basenji

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Got mine today. Thanks Bosch!!
  2. Basenji

Don't Keep it,... Do the buyback,... HPFP ticking time bomb!!!

Glad that this worked out for you in the end. I was paranoid and parked my car. I was lucky that i could do so. My HPFP went out at 38K and was repaired. Audi said that I only had one bite at the apple (warranty repair), so when the buyback came it got parked. I also got a hybrid, a MKZ and...
  3. Basenji

Buyback Check or Electronic Bank Transfer

I did the EFT and it went very smoothly. I got the email from Chase about the transfer in about 28 or so hours after the turn in. I sent the bank transfer information in shortly thereafter and received the funds in about 2 days.
  4. Basenji

So long and thanks for all the fish...

It is with some sadness that I say good bye. I have really enjoyed this forum and it has been extremely helpful! I loved my three VW group diesels starting with my 2004 Passat wagon. I loved the low end torque and the fuel economy. I went to a get together and had it chipped! I loved the...
  5. Basenji

Anyone look at the C-Max Energi?

I got a 2016 MKZ Hybrid which I believe has the same drivetrain. I love it!!! Getting 41 MPG in mixed highway and local driving! Faster than my A3 and handles just as well (in sport). But back to the C-Max, the drivetrain is good to go!
  6. Basenji

a3 owners?

Sorry, yes I don't have a lien.
  7. Basenji

a3 owners?

Update. Docs sent in 11/1/2016. Offer extended on 11/14/2016. Acceptance of offer documents sent on 11/14/2016. Appointment email received on 11/15/2016 and set up appointment same day.
  8. Basenji

Scheduled my turn-in

2013 A3, clear title. Sent everything in on 11/01/2016. Got offer letter 11/14/2016 and sent it back the same day. Approved over night (11/15/2016). Scheduled appointment same day. My wife wasn't available for the first turn in day, December 1, so we went out a week. As noted there is only...
  9. Basenji

Got an offer email

I send in the corrected information on November 1 (they couldn't read my wife's license). I received my offer email today, November 14, but it was dated November 7. I own the car outright (no lien). I have uploaded all the stuff and told them to send the money to the bank. Now the last bit...
  10. Basenji

a3 owners?

I'm at step 15. I haven't heard anything since then. Pushgears, you got your offer in one day after acceptance? Wow!!!
  11. Basenji

Poll: Have your buyback documents been accepted

My docs were OKed today. They couldn't read my wife's license so I had to resubmit. I did it the same day it was rejected, 10/19/2016.
  12. Basenji

Being Smart with your Buyback money and purchase of next vehicle

I got a 2016 CPO Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label with 30,000 miles. I'm getting $30,200 for my CPO 2013 Audi A3 TDI (plus the $1000 we all got), I paid $34K for it. The sticker on the Audi was about $40K. The Lincoln gets better fuel economy than I got in the A3 by a few miles per gallon. The...
  13. Basenji

Poll: Have your buyback documents been accepted

My wife's DL was rejected. I have resubmitted it and am now waiting...
  14. Basenji

Response from VW today

I spoke to the VW Claim line last night. The person I spoke to said that they had done "pre Final Order" review of the documents. I got a different email on October 19, they couldn't read my wife's license so they asked for a better upload. I wanted to know if that changed my place in line...
  15. Basenji

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

I got an email this morning from VW. It turns out that they couldn't read the scan of my wife's driver's license. I uploaded a new, clearer scan and now the wait begins again. Oh well...
  16. Basenji

Party Time

You know what? I feel the same way. The A3 TDI was going to be my last car. I was going to run it until the wheels fell off. It was my third diesel car and I loved it. I'm bummed!!!
  17. Basenji

Have you already replaced your TDI?

CPO 2016 Lincoln MKZ hybrid it's a Black Label and ticked out. I parked the A3 TDI. I'm averaging 41 MPG and the thing handles like a champ and it's faster 0-60!!! I've had three VW Diesels and the A3 is my last.
  18. Basenji

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

I missed this thread, but luckily I went to the VW site to see what was up. I got the 404 error. In Safari I just had to refresh and it went away. Completed the upload. It asked for both sides of the title, not the license.
  19. Basenji

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Got a 2016 CPO MKZ Hybrid. Suspension set on Sport and it drives like my 2013 A3, it's a bit faster and gets the same fuel economy.
  20. Basenji

Have You Considered The Price of Gasoline?

I got the same car, a MKZ hybrid. Been getting about the same milage as the A3 TDI and it handles about the same as the A3 when in Sport Mode. 40 more horses and it is a bit quicker.