Search results

1. F

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

update The new HP switch I bought from Amazon / Mueller Motorwerks / North Side Imports was bad . Was new , and looked to be a VW part . I ask for and recived a replacement from the seller , They sent me another one . When I opened the box it smelled like PAG oil , and the switch was in a zip...
  2. F

I'm not really sure my duty meter is working , but if I should see a voltage on the white wire coming from the HP sensor , then the new one I got is BAD . Came from Amazon , no one else had one in stock when I ordered it . How often are they bad out of the box , or did I just make a bad desision...
  3. F

Loss of boost

Vacuum lines ok , actuator ok , nut missing from actuator adjusting rod . A little Locktite this time perhaps
  4. F

Dan 1)I think I can read gauges , if not I've faked it pretty well over the last few years . I was dealership trained and ASE certified (may be the route cause of my issues) , but no VW credentials , although I only did it for 15years but not the last 18years that I've worked for phone co. Not...
  5. F

I have been working through all these 96 pages of post and found that answer , And I Do appreciate your reply . This has been a cascading repair . No problems for 115k miles then over the last 3 months , turbo failure , then lift pump quit , then a/c quit (and after all test as per this thread...
  6. F

Loss of boost

If I cleared trouble code with the engine running using VCDS is it possible to cause trouble ? I was working on an a/c issue and checked for codes then hit the clear codes in stead of the exit button and now I have no boost . It may be as simple as I pulled the vac hose off the turbo actuator...
  7. F

New HP switch is in , I need to refill 134 , vcds command does not turn on compressor , I may power it directly to fill system . Can anything be checked with vcds , Pressure from high pressure switch ?, a/c clutch command ?, and how or what blocks can I check ?
  8. F

Fans work I ordered a switch
  9. F

I'll recheck fast fan op The HP switch showed no signs of leaking until the day after I checked it
  10. F

HELP ! My car has turned on me . First before thanksgiving the compressor wheel in the turbo came unglued , so I always fix it faster , and had no trouble for 10years 115000 miles ,So I called KermaTDI , and got a S7 and all the fixins . This means the clutch also got replaced . So the next to...
  11. F

The Vanity Plate Thread

Mine is BLK SMOK
  12. F

Air bag light 01588 - Igniter for Head-Airbag; Drivers Side (N251)

Don't you hate when your working on the engine , the cars been off the road for a few months , to replace the turbo and a few other up-grades , and on the first test drive the sir light comes on . Short story is - Thanks for this post , the connector behind the tail light was it !