Search results

1. R

Replaced driver's door, now electronics don't work.

Soooo, my driver's door got hit by a chunk of road shrapnel flung by an 18 wheeler. I had a parts car so, I took the door before tossing it. I put it on and spliced in all the controls that go into the door panel. The wires were all roughly the same colors so, Im fairly confident they're all...
  2. R

ALH Timing Belt Slipped.... now what?

Back story, the car started running rough as I was driving down a street. I got to the light and confirmed my diagnosis, and pulled into a parking lot. It died. I tested compression and it came back good and even across all cylinders. I dropped the pan and check the rods bearing to make sure it...
  3. R

2002 TDI Starts but, rough\knocks, dies...

So... I was driving, had headphones on, thought I heard something, removed the phones and couldn't hear anything for sure. Came to a light and it was rough. I decided to pull into a parking lot and check it out. I did, and it died.... And wouldn't start. I had noticed a little leak from the IP...
  4. R

No Fuel, Wont Start, Tried Many Things, Suggestions?

I had my car on the ramps for about a month... redoing the exhaust, upgrading the injectors, having them sent away for calibration after i dumped the guts, swapping for .658, installing meth...etc. Well, now the 01 alh jet wont start. I expected it would take a while, but it has taken hours...
  5. R

VNT15 (15k miles) with EGR Block offs and Brand New 2.5" catless downpipe

The turbo is basically brand new, Im just sick of having it in my garage. It has zero shaft play, zero oil in the intake, basically, tip-top. The manifold has the EGR port with gasket and block off plate installed. Ill throw in the port block off and USED gasket for the EGR valve itself too...
  6. R

3bar MAP Install- EXACTLY what sized hole shoud I drill?

Im about to install the map in the intake manifold. Given that the area is not the best mounting surface, despite my efforts, I want to make sure the sensor is as snug as it can be in its hole. Does anyone know off the top of their head/have experience? I know it seems logical to simply measure...