Search results

1. T

P00AF VW Says New Turbo?

My car started flashing the Glow Plug light when i was driving and i turned the car off and it went away, about 30 mins later it started flashing again this time accompanied with the MIL light and a total loss of acceleration going into limp mode. I got the codes read at the local auto zone and...
  2. T

09 Shocks and Strut question

So I'm getting close to needing to replace my shocks and struts on my Jetta soon and would like to purchase some on idparts while they still have their Koni sale going on. My question is what shocks would y'all recommend? How comparable are the Koni STR.T shocks to the stock shocks? Or is it...
  3. T

San Diego Mechanic

Hey everyone, I just got to San Diego and am looking for a trusted mechanic in the area. In the trusted mechanic thread i dont see any in the area and the closest one in almost in LA. Anyone have a suggestion for a trusted mechanic in the area?
  4. T

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement

****Part 1**** This is my first try at a write-up but hopefully it serves well as these cars gain more miles and I suspect this problem becomes more common. My car is a 09 Jetta TDI with 90,XXX miles on it currently. I am getting a CEL with code P2015 Intake Manifold Runner Position...
  5. T

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement - commonrail engine

****Part 1**** This is my first try at a write-up but hopefully it serves well as these cars gain more miles and I suspect this problem becomes more common. My car is a 09 Jetta TDI with 90,XXX miles on it currently. I am getting a CEL with code P2015 Intake Manifold Runner Position...
  6. T

Removing Photos

Hey, sorry for this pretty much meaningless post but im trying to do a write up and have exceeded my file size for pictures and cant find out how to remove the doubles that i accidentally put up. Can someone help? And also, after i pst the how to can i remove the photos from the forum if...
  7. T

Can't start

So I just replaced my intake manifold and changed the fuel filter. I primed the system multiple times and the can't won't start now. Anyone have any suggestions?
  8. T

Fuel Filter Questions

So im about to do my first service since owning the car and have a few questions concerning the fuel filter and housing. My car is an early model 09 and still has the bleed screw on top. The manual calls for using this to drain water before removing the filter but states that it isnt installed...
  9. T

VAG special tools?

Hey all, so i was looking at the Bentley Service Manual and for removing the Glow Plug connector collars off it ways to use VAG special 3314 or equivalent. They look like needle nose pliers with a grove that fits around the top of the connector. Can i use regular pliers on my 09 Jetta CR...
  10. T

Which VCDS Should I Buy?

Hey all, so i got a CEL on my 09 Jetta and have narrowed it down to my Intake Manifold needs replaced. Only problem is, no VCDS to prime the fuel pump after removing the lines. So through my research i see i have 2 options: the Micro-CAN http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCuCAN.html or HEX-USB+CAN...
  11. T

Wiring Diagram Help for P2015

I threw p2015 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance, Bank 1. I am coming close to narrowing down the problem but want to be sure that the Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor G336 inside the Intake Flap Motor V157 is actually the culprit before i throw a...
  12. T

2009 Paper vs CD manuals?

Hey all, ive been searching alot for a repair manual for my Jetta but am undecided on which one i should get. I usually go with a paper one just because its what im comfortable with and dont want grease all over my computer. On the other hand i do like the idea of being able to get updates and...