Search results

1. N

Who's keeping, who's selling?

Well, it's been real y'all. Took delivery of the R yesterday. It's everything I'd hoped for in more, just such a good driver's car. TDI buyback scheduled for about 2 weeks.
  2. N

Well, I'm officially out. Closed the deal on 2017 Golf R today. Should get into the dealer right about when the settlement checks start coming in.
  3. N

HPFP Failures on E288 Engines?

I believe the sticking point has always been lubricity, not sulfur levels.
  4. N

Sorry, but I think you are dreaming. Who would buy them? Largest buyback in automotive history.
  5. N

There are no 2017 TDIS. Don't expect any 2018s or 2019s, or...
  6. N

I get that kind of mileage when I take long highway trips (over 50, sometime). But these days I work from how, so lots of short short city trips and not much highway these days. Also live in a hot climate where the AC gets run about 9-10 months out of the year,
  7. N

I expect it to be about the same. Same 10kish schedule as the TDI for oil and filters. On the downside, there is a haldex fluid change every 30k change, but no worries about DPF or the timing belt (it's a chain). I work from home these days so I only do about 12-15k a year.
  8. N

power off switch

press the start button while touching neither the clutch or the brakes
  9. N

40k / 50k service plans?

My dealer told me that, if nothing else I could spend the balance with them on the card before it expires, and it'll be treated as an account credit for whenever I need it.
  10. N

Speedometer and Odometer off?

Speedo will always read high. Euro regs allow for the reading to be high by up to, I believe, 10%, but have 0% tolerance for reading low.
  11. N

Anyone know a way to track historical Blue Book values?

That's going to be really hard to pin down, since the cars were on sale for less than a year prior to dieselgate. Can't imagine that many hit the used market.
  12. N

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

I must say, while I'm not an aggressive GTI driver, I've never seen any of the clutch behavior described in that link.
  13. N

Unofficial MK7 Oil Change Guide

That information is now 6 years and 2 engine generations out of date. I wouldn't really be quoting it as gospel at this point.
  14. N

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

Sold the Mk6 at ~52K, after 3 years of ownership. Just passed 8k on the new Mk7.
  15. N

Base Carrier Bars enhancing radio reception

You sure there isn't something else going on here? FM reception is (often much) better at night in general.
  16. N

timing belt longevity.

Rubber doesn't like extreme cold. Tend to get a lot more of that up north. Could easily explain the difference in interval.