Search results

1. M

2003 Jetta TDI Fairhope, AL $1500

Decided to keep Golf and sell Jetta. Marty (Jetaah) one of the TDI gurus back in Michigan just did a LOT of work on it, including new clutch, turbo, rear brakes, new e-brake cable, and more. Needs new, or resealed injection pump. Body is in good condition, was only in Michigan for last few...
  2. M

2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI Fairhope, AL

I am in the process of buying a diesel Colorado, and am possibly interested in selling my 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI. I bought it "certified pre-owned" from VW dealer in Wisconsin 2 years ago. Currently has 76,xxx miles. Excellent condition. It's been a great car but I need something that can...
  3. M

TDI mechanic in South Alabama?

Recently moved from Michigan to Fairhope, AL. In Michigan I took my TDI’s to Marty and Kirk, but now need to find someone in South Alabama (or western Florida, like Pensacola etc.). The closest I see on the TDI guru list is Birmingham which isn’t that close. There is a guy on the list from...
  4. M

A couple of 2015 GSW questions......

Just got a 2015 GSW CPO car a few months ago. I have a couple of questions: First-the radio, sometimes the radio stays on the last station it was on when I start it up-but sometimes- it will default to 87.7-can this be fixed by changing some setting or does it require a new radio...
  5. M

No AC and Vent blowing hot air

2003 Jetta-my daughter's car. AC stopped working and even with the AC turned off and the temp set to the coolest setting its blowing HOT air. AC button still lights up when you turn it on. Didn't notice any fuses blown, but not sure which fuses would be involved? Anyway-there are lots of...
  6. M

17" wheels for sale

I have a set of very nice 17" wheels that came off my daughter's 2003 Jetta. They were put on by the PO-and unfortunately I don't know the brand. I would like to get $350 for the set. Obviously it needs to be local pickup or dropoff. PM me if interested and I can send pictures. I will...
  7. M

Jetta A4 HID Headlights for Sale

These are the Jetta 4.0 lights from Midwestlighting.biz. I have had them for a little over a year. After a problem with the high beams not working they were sent back and totally rewired. The HID bulbs and ballasts are new, and it includes the other bulbs as well (turn signals and...
  8. M

Blend door fix questions

I have read a few different threads on this and am basically trying to follow the instructions here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=233174&highlight=blend+door In that thread McGink posted pics of the two clips and screws that are removed from the blend door plastic cover...
  9. M

WTB: W8 console light-with sunroof

Anyone have one?
  10. M

Headlight Grounds on an A4?

I have a list of 9 different ground locations on an A4-but does anyone know (specifically) where the headlights ground to?
  11. M

Driver's Side Door Latch for 96 Passat?

Anybody have one? They don't make the part anymore-and I called a few VW junkyards and nobody has one......
  12. M

LED Brake Light Bulbs cause Glow Plug lights to Flash?

I replaced the brake lights in my 03 Jetta with LED ones which evidently cause the glow plug lights to flash. So I put the normal bulbs back in and now I have NO brake lights (not even the ones in the back window). Anyone have this happen to them-or have any idea on what is going on? I...
  13. M

Door Latch Needed for 96 Passat

I need a door latch for driver's door for a 96 Passat. Part has been discontinued by vw and none of the junkyards I called had one. Its part number 357 837 015G. Does anyone have one?
  14. M

B4 Trip meter/Clock Resets when starting

96 B4V has been occasionally resetting the trip meter to zero and the clock to 1:00 on startup. It still starts right up. Based on a search-and previous experience-I pulled out fuse 21-and it looked fine-but when putting fuse back in-it did the reset again. Battery is good and...
  15. M

WTB: B4 AC Hose

I need an AC hose that goes from the middle of the compressor-up to the radiator area......the metal part on mine has broken.......anyone have one they'd like to sell that's in good shape???
  16. M

Little wisp of smoke?

96 B4V.......I have noticed this a few times-a couple months apart.....when I turn key to start car-I see a little wisp of smoke-coming up from steering wheel area (I have the plastic "cowling" off-cuz was trying to see where its coming from). Of course when this happens I immediately turn...
  17. M

WTB: Lights from front bumper of 96 Passat

from both sides of the front bumper.....
  18. M

96 B4 Electrical gremlins

First the speedometer stopped working a few days ago (other gauges were fine).......then today on the way home the ac stopped working (fan still worked but went from cold to warm); then after stopping at the store and start the car turned on ac and its cold again (could hear the compressor kick...
  19. M

96 B4 Speedometer Stopped working

Speedometer stopped working. Mostly stays at 0mph but will occasionally jump up to the correct speed for a few seconds (and then the trip meter will advance a tenth)-but odometer also not advancing-except for the brief few seconds that the speedometer is working. All the other gauges (Fuel...
  20. M

Mystery Coolant Leak location 2001 Jetta

I have to add about a pint (roughly) of coolant every 3-4 weeks-light goes off in dash-I add coolant to reservoir......been doing this for a couple of months-and leak doesn't seem to be getting any worse..... I looked for signs of leak-without any luck......took it to local shop-and they...