Search results

1. childishidealism

Car won't start troubleshooting

Sounds like a battery issue to me. Take it to autozone or similar and have them test. It's free and it will rule out something else causing the voltage drop. When batteries start to die they can't put out enough power and you'll see a voltage drop like that.
  2. childishidealism

ESP - Fault Code 00778 - Steering Ang. Sensor

I had the sensor replaced at local VW mechanic. Took them no time and it fixed the problem. Only downfall is sensor was over $400.
  3. childishidealism

MIL - Intake Flap Motor

Had the motor assembly replaced at local VW shop. Should have done it myself. Problem solved.
  4. childishidealism

MIL - Intake Flap Motor

I've got a fault with mine too. 19559 - MOtor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): Malfunction P3103 - 000 - - - Intermittent. How was the R&R? Any specialty tools or anything else have to come off for dis-assembly?
  5. childishidealism

ESP - Fault Code 00778 - Steering Ang. Sensor

I'm throwing the same code. How did this turn out?
  6. childishidealism

Jetta Golf MKIV Motorola T605 bluetooth handsfree phone integration - $150

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting on a Palm Pre and I'm going to want to play for it for a few days before deciding if I think I want to add this in or not and I'm looking into my options.
  7. childishidealism

Jetta Golf MKIV Motorola T605 bluetooth handsfree phone integration - $150

Can you explain why you had to get a new map light and how this thing wires in? I take it you remove the stereo plug the wiring harness adapter so no wiring is changed in the car. Where do the mic and controller cables come out of the dash at? Does $150 include shipping?
  8. childishidealism

Car won't start troubleshooting

I just want to thank whitedog, kermatdi, Gretta_the_Jetta, and everyone else here at TDIclub for how great this forum is. I have been very busy over the last 18 months and haven't been around to keep up with things until Sunday night when I was forced to. My 2005 Jetta TDI-PD died after driving...
  9. childishidealism

Overboost and even Jeff is stumped...

Well I'm still looking to get this problem fixed as well. Maybe I haven't thought this through enough, but shouldn't a mufflerectomy help? Would this reduce backpressure enough, or does the flow of the exhaust through the turbo make this insignificant?
  10. childishidealism

Front Passenger Door Requires Two Pulls on Handle After Bodywork and Unlock

Tongsli, you didnt finish your last thought on where to look. I guess the lucky/unlucky question is all about perspective. Lucky is wasn't worse - yes lucky the guard rail was there - maybe or maybe I was just unlucky and that's why I fell asleep. I was best man in a wedding the week of the...
  11. childishidealism

I called the bodyshop and he stated it is just a matter of adjusting the screw for the locking mechanism in the handle. I'll be more specific after I watch him do it.
  12. childishidealism

Firstly I fell asleep at 4:00PM about a week and a half ago and barely grazed a guardrail. It was a very very light hit (didn't even feel impact, just heard it) but the scrape touched my front wheel, the front bumper the front fender, both doors, the C-pillar and the rear bumper. What a pain...
  13. childishidealism

after fender bender

I just started having this same problem after some body work. No resolutions?
  14. childishidealism

What to do if not arriving until Saturday?

I've read and searched, but haven't found out yet. What do I need to do if I am arriving Saturday morning around the time of the tech sessions? Also, where are the tech sessions? I know I need my nametag to get in, just curious how I can get it. Sorry if I missed it somewhere.
  15. childishidealism

Warning: Diesel Purge and PDs

After watching this attempted at ImpexFest I decided to go about it differently. I just waited till 40 miles after my low fuel light came on and then just dumped it in the tank. 40 miles later I did my full 40,000 service including changing the oil and the fuel filter, which I filled with...
  16. childishidealism

can i "purge" a passat pd tdi?

see this thread. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=138073
  17. childishidealism

ImpexFest 5 - May 5-6, 2006

I also had a great time. I got the brakes bled and enough maintenance stuff to take care of the car for the next 2 years for a great price. Last year's ImpexFest was my first TDI club event and I knew so little and felt very nervous about going to the event. This year I felt right at home and...
  18. childishidealism

The bleeder is the easiest thing to use in the world. Think inverse of a Pella. All you do is fill the thing up with the fluid of your choice. Then suck out some old fluid from the reservoir and screw on the Motive where the cap usually goes (I have the attachment for the VW cap size). Then you...
  19. childishidealism

If you can borrow the tools all you need is fluid. It sounds like enough people are doing it there will be tools to go around. You are also more than welcome to borrow my Motive Bleeder. I will bring some denatured alcohol to clean the thing out between flushes if people are worried about mixing...