Search results

1. A

2015: Oil Light on for no reason

Good afternoon! Our oil light (yellow) came on while my wife was driving the car and the MFD says replace oil now when we start the car. We've replaced the oil about 2000 miles ago. The oil level is good, looks good and smells good. VAG-COM doesn't report any codes. The message didn't go away...
  2. A

Straight outta Germany

I've seen some RVs from Germany and Switzerland during our travel, pretty nifty looking compared to the style we have here. A member from Forest River forum posted this Touareg TDI from Germany pulling a travel trailer. Checked out his blog as he's been pulling a decent amount of miles around...
  3. A

My 2010 tdi cup for sale in Georgia.

I had to let it go :(. With a growing family, the cup was getting a little small. I had to give up tdi economy vw quality and my dear testosterone and buy a Chevy traverse (I've been whipped into that car by the wife) Anyways, if interested. It's red, has 66k miles, runs awesome. Service was...
  4. A

Eurovan TDI

At Stone Mountain Campground, in Georgia. I've been wanting one of them for a while, just can't seem to find any.
  5. A

Exhaust work near Atlanta

I know I can basically go anywhere for this but I'm looking for a good shop who can perform a mufflerectomy and add a straight pipe on a 2010 Jetta. Anyone interested? PM me a price.:D
  6. A

green tdi columbus georgia

First tdiclub frame sighting! Jetta mkiv green Georgia Xtat** at chic fil a columbus.
  7. A

how much oil should I be losing?

Dear TDI'ers. It has been about 5500 miles since my last oil change and (according to the dip stick), I've lost over 90% of my oil. This is the second time I've had to add oil in-between my 10K oil changes.. There is no sign of leakage (the car sat in the garage for over 2 weeks while I was...
  8. A

Dsg launch program

Was reading the manual waiting for my wife at cvs and came across it. Anyone ever tried it? I have a 6m so obviously I can't run it.
  9. A

Upcoming 2,700 miles trip

Going up to Piedmont, QC for our fifth annual family gathering. First time doing it in my TDI (exciting), and first time doing it from Georgia (not as exciting). We'll stay in Canada for a couple of days, then drive back to the states, stopping by Connecticut to see some friends and my in-laws...
  10. A

VW got tired of people putting gas in their TDI?

Got this by the mail
  11. A

Black TDI Cup Ed from Delaware in East Lyme, CT

Anyone? anyone?
  12. A

Baby's got tints

No more fish bowl! 32% All round, 70% Windshield. Ceramic coated for the Georgia sun. I've had decent tint jobs done on a 00 Golf in Montréal and a 03 Jetta in Connecticut. I got to admit, the shop down here did an incredebile job compared to the last 2.
  13. A

Alternator clicking

Notice the alternation clicking or grinding when the engine is revving up. Alternator didn't sound like that in my 18t. Should I be worried or is it a diesel thing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhaO2RRCuPg&feature=youtube_gdata_player Thanks! Sent from a phone with a stupid onscreen keyboard.
  14. A

2010 Jetta: strange balloon blowing noise from engine

Hi y'all. I've got a strange one: there's a wind noise, kinda sound like the sound a balloon makes when blowing it when the engine rev is over 1000 rpm. It doesn't matter if the car is accelerating or not. It goes away when the clutch is depressed and engine drops under 1000 rpm, comes back...
  15. A

Loud tires, dealer wants to replace them.

Hello, My car rides loud, loud enough that I can't hold a conversation with the passenger in the car without talking somewhat louder than I should. Dealer said the tires need to be replace because they did not wear properly. Currently the car has OE Pirelli P-Zero Nero P225/40R18 all season...
  16. A

Woohoo my first TDI!

from the lot to my lot to some park then moved from CT to GA on a little more than a tank of diesel (amazing). Wish it had a little more pep (used to 1.8t with APR93 chip). Any good chips for the TDI?