Search results

1. M

2005 Passat TDI has no electric power after collision

Thanks, that will help me to narrow my search.
  2. M

2005 Passat TDI has no electric power after collision

My daughter had a front end collision with her TDI and the engine shut off. I plan to rebuild the car but I cannot get anything electric to work. Does anyone know if there is a switch that shuts everything down after a collision? The car was in great shape before the collision and I really...
  3. M

How can I by-pass the temperature sensors in the catalytic converter

Thank you all for the advise. I cleaned out the converter and put the sensors back in. The car runs fine and so far, no check engine light.
  4. M

Thanks, I am putting the car back together today so I'll just plug in the sensors and see what happens.
  5. M

How can I build oil pressure without running my engine?

Thanks, I will give that a try this weekend.
  6. M

I remember reading somewhere that adding a couple of resistors to the wires for the temperature sensors will fool the computer into believing the sensors are fine. I cannot find the information now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
  7. M

How can I build oil pressure without running my engine?

I am replacing the turbocharger on my 1996 Passat. I have tried to get oil into the oil line that comes out of the head and I do see some oil collecting at the return oil line on the turbocharger. Is there a way to turn the oil pump or engine over to build oil pressure without starting the...
  8. M

What can I do with a plugged catalytic converter?

Thanks for the catalytic converter advise Thanks everyone for the advise. I like the idea of just replacing the converter with an aftermarket unit. I hate that the one on my car is incorporated with the downpipe so I guess I need to find one that can be installed with clamps or welded in place.
  9. M

What can I do with a plugged catalytic converter?

I have been working to solve the low power problem with my 96 Passat. The low power trouble shooting threads have been a huge help. A guy that I work with told me the catalytic converter is probably plugged and that I should just bust out the ceramic disks to allow the exhaust to flow better...
  10. M

Need suggestions for removing stripped allen head fastners

I really appreciate the advise. I purchased the Craftsman bolt extractors and they worked great. My intake did have some build up crud inside so I did my best to scrape, brush, soak with carb cleaner and then power wash it out. I put the intake back on with a new gasket and bolts.
  11. M

Thanks, I will give this a try.
  12. M

I want to pull off my intake manifold and see if it is plugged. It looks like the previous owner tried to remove the bolts and two have the allen head stripped out. Any suggestions about what I could do to remove the bolts without drilling out the bolts or removing the engine? Thank you