Search results

1. N

Anyone else get this for their car that got the Gen 2 fix?

Anyone else get this? "Dear Volkswagen Owner or Lessee, Our records indicate that you are the owner or lessee of a Generation 2 model year 2012-2014 TDI Passat (“Gen 2 Passat”) with an automatic transmission, and that you received the Approved Emissions Modification (“AEM”) for your Gen 2...
  2. N

Climatronic issues while reversing

I've noticed that now when I reverse the car, the Climatronic HVAC doesn't switch to internal recycling of the cabin air. Initially noticed it when I smelled the scent of DEF while reversing on a rather chilly day (-35C). Even in warmer temperatures it doesn't seem to be functioning. Using the...
  3. N

Gurus in Fredericton area

I've done a cursory search and can't seem to find any gurus in the Fredericton area. Anyone know of one? I have a friend that's having issues with her '06 Jetta TDI. Regards
  4. N

An expensive lesson - heater cord

So mien Frau decided to take off this morning and wanted to take the house with her. That's right, the car was still plugged in. Cost? $185 CDN with HST just for the cord. Now to find a red "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" tag for the new cord. Regards
  5. N

Rumble when braking in a corner

Today I was passing a moron towing some over width farming equipment in an undersized truck swerving all over the road. He decided to finally pull over to let traffic pass. I was passing him and noticed that I was almost on the bumper of the car in front of me. I was in the middle of a sweeping...
  6. N

Question on heated mirrors and Rain-X

I did a search and came up with nothing relevant with regards to using Rain-X and side view mirrors. Here in Canuckistan we have pretty harsh winters and driving rains that make it hard to see at times when using the mirrors to back up. Anything to ensure the water sheds quickly or ensure ice/...
  7. N

New to the forum

After researching for months I finally made the happy leap from a Dodge Caliber to a 2012 Passat TDI and I am glad to say that I have been pleasantly surprised so far, even though it's only been a scant few days. Mind you it's not too hard to out perform a POS Caliber. :D The build...