Search results

1. E

6 speed conversion kit

If the shifting has suddenly worsened then this might be your problem. It is a potential issue of every VW gearbox, in which these springs secure locking piece in synchronizing hub: The spring gets worn out, over the locking piece edges, clearly visible scratches in the picture: And then...
  2. E

6 speed conversion kit

Hello Mike, You've got a great mileage on the gearbox, I think it's a normal wear and tear. I do not know exactly what could be wrong with the 3rd gear, the 5th and 6th gears will not get better with just a recondition. The gearbox should be disassembled and new synchronous rings should be put...
  3. E

6 speed conversion kit

The gearbox we got has very poorly set preload on tapered shafts. The video shows how the shaft swings in the permanent gear area. The shaft must not move at all and must have a preload as explained below. For this reason, the customer can not claim warranty, because that is only applicable...
  4. E

6 speed conversion kit

Yes, that is what the facts say. By whom and when were the bearings changed should be known to the owner of said gearbox.
  5. E

6 speed conversion kit

We have disassemblied the gearbox and we have found a large play on tapered roller bearings ... they are not defined at all ... on tapered roller bearings a preload...
  6. E

6 speed conversion kit

We have a very good offer from TNT ( in US FedEx ) and the price of shipping in one direction from US to us is 300 USD.
  7. E

6 speed conversion kit

Hi Greenie, Would you still want us to solve that problem with your gearbox? If so, pack it into a box, so that it's a stackable shipment and let me know ... I'll send TNT for it ... Regards, Radim
  8. E

6 speed conversion kit

Thank you for the detailed instructions on how to proceed, some ideas seem reasonable... On the other hand, it is necessary to realize what we are dealing with: 1) We work on gearboxes for more than 20 years, we have made thousands, and I think in that time we have learned many things 2) All...
  9. E

6 speed conversion kit

Yes I see what you are suggesting, in principle I agree, but sending two gearboxes together is not so simple. It is different to send 50 kg or 100 kg, the handling is that much more difficult. In any case, it is necessary that both gearboxes were oil free and placed in a fixed box of minimal...
  10. E

6 speed conversion kit

Sorry for my English, I guess we did not understand each other. I did not mean send the two gearboxes, just that you could send the last one broken gearbox with all parts of a 6-gear kit and also all (including faulty) parts of the first kit. We will replace the broken parts and send you back...
  11. E

6 speed conversion kit

It is not easy to determine the cause of your problem. The kits were bought in 2013, that means they are from the same series as the John's and Windex's, and their operate without problems. So how you describe the cause of the disorder is far better technically justified vice versa. First the...
  12. E

6 speed conversion kit

Kits are mostly in stock, for TDI you should use: You drive a lot, the sooner you get it, the faster the investment will return. Whom to give it to to get it installed I do not know. However, here are detailed instructions any workshop mechanic who is meticulous can follow and install it...
  13. E

6 speed conversion kit

6 speed gearbox for VW T4 Eurovan Modification of 02G (MQ 300 Nm) to 6-speed gearbox. 02G is the gearbox the VW T4 FWD and Syncro models are equipped with - with the 2,5 TDI 75kW, 111 kW engines. The gearbox 02G will have to be sent to the Czech Republic to get upgraded (the shipping is done...
  14. E

Eurovan questions

We produce conversion kits for modification of 02B gearboxes from 5 speed to 6 speed. Your transmission could look like this:
  15. E

BHW TDI with 02m->02d syncro->0a5 4motion swap into Eurovan

6 speed transmissions for VW, new 6 speed gearbox for VW T4 2.5 TDI It is the only way how to substantially reduce engine noise and fuel consumption – therefore the investment will pay off – partially or entirely. The highest savings will be achieved by those owners of VW vehicles who are used...
  16. E

6 speed conversion kit

I think that the non-machined surfaces can not cause any problem ... From the attached image it is obvious that if everything is properly assembled, there should be a sufficient gap between the wheels and the cover...
  17. E

6 speed conversion kit

The vehicle gearboxes from the series production are adjusted to make the engine to achieve higher rpm values (than those of the best fuel consumption) at the standard vehicle speed; additionally, it is unnecessary noisy. When designing the gears, the vehicle manufacturer has to consider the...
  18. E

6 speed conversion kit

1) the screws holding the bearings are secured with glue on the Loctite 2701 threadlocker. 2) screws for the ends of shafts are machined bolts of class 12.9, which are thermally modified in the entire cross-section. No additional heat treatment is required.
  19. E

Gear changes to improve city milage

what about adding 6th gear? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=346876