Search results

1. scrubber

2011 and 2012 Gen 1 3.0L have a fix!

took the buyback on my 2012 five days before this announcement. I held on to it until 119,000 miles. Interestingly, one of the guys at the dealer said he could track my Touareg, and if it was ever repaired and up for sale, he would notify me. I'll be curious what VW decides to do with it.
  2. scrubber

How many Miles on your 3 litre engine?

116,000 miles, and yet to have a single repair issue. Still on the original brake pads. I’ve probably done half the services myself. I let the dealer do the bigger, 40k services. Those run $500-$600. I do a good amount of short, hilly trips. I don’t think the Touareg cares. I’m very...
  3. scrubber

2013 Audi Q5 3.0

3.0T is a gas engine. OP doesn’t mention it being a TDI.
  4. scrubber

What did you trade your Toureg for?

How's the 2014 drive vs the 2012?
  5. scrubber

Why is there no bridge warranty for Gen 1 3.0L?

true, but so is buying back a car for $40k and scrapping it.
  6. scrubber

yeah, I get it. I just wish VW would offer a definitive statement on a potential fix for the gen one. I'm probably just going to keep mine up until the HPFP warranty expires at 120k miles, unless a fix gets approved that extends that warranty.
  7. scrubber

VW keeps stringing us along with the potential for a "reduced emissions modification". Thus, not everybody's in a hurry to opt for the buyback.
  8. scrubber

Touadreg Buyback/Trade Mess - Help!

11/8/17 is a "decision date" on a repair for your generation Touareg. VW may be allowed a 90 day extension, if the court grants it. If no fix is approved at that point, VW must pay $500 per vehicle, per month. It's all on page 31 here...
  9. scrubber

buy back for Gen 1 TDIs?

my thoughts exactly. The more I look for a replacement vehicle, the more I realize how great the Touareg is. I'm even contemplating the "opt out/do nothing" position if a partial fix isn't approved.
  10. scrubber

buy back for Gen 1 TDIs?

8/25/17 was some sort of goal date for VW. They were expected to have a gen. 1 modification submitted by then. I've heard nothing.
  11. scrubber

Gen 1 3.0 deadline for fix

"Volkswagen expects to submit proposed Emissions Modifications to the EPA and CARB by August 25, 2017, and has a final deadline of November 10, 2017 to do so." this is for generation one vehicles, taken from the court settlement document.
  12. scrubber

The very Anglophile Society of Jaguar Diesel owners

anybody here driven an F-Pace?
  13. scrubber

Pet Cage in cargo

for what vehicle? I erroneously picked up a pet divider at a garage sale years ago, off of a Cayenne. Doesn't fit my 2012, but I've heard it may fit earlier gen Touaregs. It's been collecting dust in my garage.
  14. scrubber

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

I always thought having a BOLT and a VOLT in the same product line was poor planning.
  15. scrubber

My buyback fiasco today (long story)

They aren't, and they couldn't care less if you ever buy another VW.
  16. scrubber

Buy a Treg TDI now or wait?

Per VW's own website. (Gen 1 vehicles are 2009-2012) "Subject to Court approval of the proposed 3.0L TDI recall program, Volkswagen has agreed, among other terms, to: Offer buyback or lease terminations of eligible Generation 1 3.0L vehicles, and provide free emissions modifications." this is...
  17. scrubber

Extended Warranty on your TDI that you just turned in or will be

I haven't sold it. It was on my Touareg, which it purchased new. It was a fully refundable warranty, and it was written that the extended warranty expired at 85k miles. Depends on how you interpret it. I knew I wasn't buying an 85,000 mile warranty. I was buying a warranty that expired at...
  18. scrubber

Extended Warranty on your TDI that you just turned in or will be

That's just how they are usually sold. I had an 85k extended warranty on my Touareg. I knew it expired at 85k miles, and I was refunded 100% of the purchase price at that point since I never had a claim. It wasn't 85K + the 36k factory warranty for a grand total of 121k miles of warranty coverage.
  19. scrubber

Here's your stripped car test case folks...

so what's he going to do if they reject it? Re-assemble the car? I hope he has some serious free time.
  20. scrubber

Is any one keeping their TDI

why would anybody take the buyback?