Search results

1. WindsorFox

What did you do to your car today?

Yeah the receiver on my Titan and on my Mustang have no rust.
  2. WindsorFox

That is going to be my 2nd mod, a hitch and a utility trailer.
  3. WindsorFox

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Hi, I'm WindsorFox and although I've been here for 2.5 years, it is with a heavy heart that I report that today I traded my sweet 50MPG 2012 TDI Jetta for a 2014 Passat 1.8T. To quote Ron White this thing is lo-ho-ho-ho-aded...
  4. WindsorFox

I've bought from him too
  5. WindsorFox

Clean Diesel DPF Data Collection Thread

Well, add up another DPF failure on my 12 Jetta at 27k miles. I'll see if I can get a printout of the data log.
  6. WindsorFox

No, I was hoping for a $14 mirror to stick on top of my THIRD broken $70 mirror.
  7. WindsorFox

Do those stick on or have a frame on the back??
  8. WindsorFox

Battery: Tried AGM, back to old tech

I know this is a zombi thread, but if you'd gone with an Odyssey or a Johnson Controls/Interstate you would not have had a problem. I have an Odyssey in highly modified Mustang that is only occasionally driven and it's been in the car for 12 years. When it's sitting up I have an Odyssey...
  9. WindsorFox

Tires

I think I've decided on Michelin Defender. The only Pure Contact I can find local only have a 420tread wear. The defender has an 820.
  10. WindsorFox

(snip) It is magic! LOL Replaced my battery about ten minutes ago http://www.batteriesplus.com/product/49474-SLI48AGM-Duracell-Ultra-Platinum-AGM-Battery/560-SLI/5319-Car-and-Truck-Batteries/669109-Volkswagen/Jetta/2011-to-2014-L4-2-dot0L-570CCA-Diesel_Optional_Sportwage.aspx
  11. WindsorFox

Is that one old enough to pour peanut oil in and go? What addative do you use?
  12. WindsorFox

Tires

I concur, I'm looking at these with a 700 rating... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=PureContact+with+EcoPlus+Technology&partnum=055VR6PUREC&autoMake=Volkswagen&autoYear=2012&autoModel=Jetta+TDI
  13. WindsorFox

Weird occurance.

Okay this occurrence is definitely some sort of low battery thing. My car died completely last night and this AM I discovered the power wire fo my after market fogs was somehow disturbing the connection of the positive cable where it bolts to the fuse block. Thank God I wiggled that wire and got...
  14. WindsorFox

I disconnected the power wire for my after market fog lights and reconnected the positive battery cable where it bolts to the fuse block. Somehow it suddenly stopped making contact and the car died last night. Had to be towed home. Now I know what was making random glitches and causing the low...
  15. WindsorFox

Manual trunk release

Okay thi is EFFING STUPID!. My battery is dead and jumping does nothing. I can not work on ANYthing because my tools are in the trunk! I did a search and cam up with zero. Are you telling me there is NO way to open the trunk lid from inside??? That should be illegal!
  16. WindsorFox

Are they equivalent to regular H7 or HID yet?
  17. WindsorFox

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Make sure you use a lubricity additive.
  18. WindsorFox

On my Titan "puddle lamps" referred to the lights that were on the side mirrors that shined downward.