Search results

1. R

Loss of coolant/overheat, looking for ideas

On the heater core. Got the part and the required (oring & such ) kit at the dealer, abt $100. The (indy) mech said it was the easiest job ever to get it to slide in and mate with the piping there. During the test, the hot air from the vent was super hot, nice ! On the leak. It was the "heater...
  2. R

Wowser. Good to know, thanks ! I Popped the hood just now. Visible antifreeze spray around the EM area, it puddled up on the ABS actuator horizontal surface good good. Not oil, watery pinkish fluid ie G12 ? The heater core hose connector, on the engine side of the firewall, it also wet. I see...
  3. R

Went to the dealer that did the flush. 1st, Parts Dept. They do have the heater core, qty 1, in stock, along with bracket kit/orings. About $100 altogether. Good thing, as after market parts are know to have fit issues. IDParts has these in stock, for may be $10 less. 2nd, Svc Desk. Scheduled...
  4. R

Another heater core?

My core is plugged, lukewarm air at best. I stupidly requested coolant flush first, hoping it would fix the core. It didnt. Some folx say there heater cores got replaced under the 11/162K extended wty ? After all, it does seem that cooking the coolant during regens is is what produces sediment...
  5. R

Feeler on selling 2015 Passat SE 6spmanual

Precisely the route I am taking. At 100K now, stealership gently nudges me to do Phase II every time I come for oil change.
  6. R

Few weeks back (and well less than 1000 miles of driving), during regular oil change at a local dealer ('15 Passat TDI at 100K, have NOT yet had PhaseII done), decided to be nice to me car and requested coolant flush. Up to this point, car been completely worry free, outside of plugged heater...
  7. R

Pushing 2Y, bought-back '15 Passat 6MT

Mark good stuff, thanks for in depth on refining, so much explained in a short post (I am a bit of a gear head) ! How about the ULSD - did that make it more expensive to refine diesel and if so, by how much ? Do you use propane to heat up the towers (the byproduct of refining process itself)...
  8. R

Pushing 2Y, bought-back '15 Passat 6MT

Bought it in March of 2017 with 8800 miles on odo Had 0 issues so far. Just had 40K oil change. At $70-ish and dealer being so close, I dont bother. A DIY kit pushes $60. Complimentary car wash seals the deal. Still do my own fuel filter and everything else, $$$aving here. Solid 50+ Mpg in...
  9. R

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

Me likes the "at least 70K" part - as opposed to say "have to complete Phase 2B after 70K, before 100K miles". Ride out the 11y/160K mile wty as much as you can (and luck affords). Then do the phase 2B and get another 5y/60K bump ################ Warranty Period The warranty period for the...
  10. R

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

You can only do Phase II after Phase I was done. Meaning you have full wty coverage on anything that could possibly cause CEL, so diag and fix thereof should be at 0 cost to you.
  11. R

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

I agree with you on it. My prev car was '12 TDI (no fix) and regens were few and far between. Rare to catch one . Current car is 15' CPO with Phase 1 applied and I do notice the regens. I dont hesitate to interrupt though, especially knowing I am going to be getting whole new everything @ time...
  12. R

ACTUAL purchases of '15 USED (buyback) TDIs

You get insane wty and same torquey 50mpg. Jump in, never look back
  13. R

Hydrogen to the rescue

Up to 90% reduction in NoX, 80% in PM, 30% MPG boost. $10,000 bolt on for big rigs, already selling & 100% legit. Some hydrogen is added to the intake - burns much hotter, more energy and no PM. But since it displaces oxygen, NoX doesnt form as much...
  14. R

PSA: CPOs wty bump to 2Y/Unlimited mileage

Got a mail from VW, instructed to place it into the wty booklet.
  15. R

PSA: $40 oil change @ dealer

So I was getting ready to do oil change on my '15 CPO. Stopped by the dealer to get the filter - about $11. Weather was nasty, was dreading getting under the car, so I asked about their price for oil change. They have $40 special running. Includes car wash :) Now, just to get the filter and...
  16. R

Buyers of CPOs seem to be eligible for PhaseII $$$

Bought mine back in May, as a CPO, with Phase I applied, from a VW dealer. Have just registered on the claims site, out of curiosity mostly, and it sez I am eligible for about $2500 for "I am interested in the Emissions Modification option, if approved." . It didnt offer BUYBACK as available...
  17. R

I have registered mine at the fix site. And it sez I am eligible for about $2500 for the fix. Seems be the right amt for the Phase II. It didnt even offer BUYBACK as available option ! - which is a good sign. Anyway, community is split on whether us, buyers of PhaseI-aplied CPO from VW, are...
  18. R

Oil and fuel filter, '12 vs '15

Few things: - the procedure is well doc'd here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=346583&page=4 - oil filter IS different - oil amt is almost 1 liter more (!) compare to '12 CKRA . Seems VW misstated the amt of oil EA288 requires.
  19. R

Oil and fuel filter, '12 vs '15

As I turned my '12 in and replaced it with '15, I still have '12 a spare oil and fuel filters. Can any of these be used on '15 ? Coming up on 20K oil change
  20. R

I'd say inventory will stay flat, short to mid term. All the die hards have satisfied their asks. In general, used car market will probably go through a big correction. But, TDIs are a special breed.