Search results

1. D

Valet Key questions.

Besides the fact that the key is a bit cheaper to replace if lost/stolen, and that it only fits in the door and ignition, and that it lacks the electronics to lock/unlock the car and trunk or hatchback remotely. Does it do (or not do) anything else that is desirable when handing the key over to...
  2. D

Homemade Pre-luber

I've been following some of the pre-luber threads on Freds forums, and have decided that I can probably build a pre-luber myself. On www.preluber.com the main graphic shows 5 different pumps. I have found the pump at the 10 o'clock and the 1 o'clock positions at a local store, so I don't have...
  3. D

Pics of my first TDI

Well here they are. I've had her for 2 months and have put 17000km on it already. ------------------ DZLKopf Drink Diesel, Eat Soot, Breathe NO2.... Hooah!
  4. D

Installing a bypass oil filter.

I'm planning on buying an Amsoil bypass filter to install in my 2000 Golf TDI. The question is, where and how do I mount it? If you've installed one in your A4 Golf or Jetta, can you post some photos of where you installed it, and maybe some closeups or drawings of the mounting bracket you...
  5. D

Do you recognize this part?

I have a new 2000 Golf TDI with about 3000km on it. It's two weeks old. While investigating how easy or hard it would be to do the VNT15 mod, I found this bolt hanging behind the knurled knob. It may have been preventing proper operation of the turbocharger. I didn't notice any...