Search results

1. Sprocket

Intermittent rough idle in neutral after cruise.

Who's tune are you using and who fixed the the idle issue?
  2. Sprocket

Timing belt replacement interval - time, not mileage

Thanks guys, I pulled the old belt, water pump tensioner, & roller. Pulled off the cam sprocket and repositioned it in the correct orientation and now all is well.
  3. Sprocket

Thank you and thank you for the 2nd part of the TB procedure, I appreciate it!!!
  4. Sprocket

I'd need to remove the cam pin tool in order to rotate the sprocket 120 degrees counter clockwise though. Does this make sense? I just want to make sure the camshaft isn't going to spin once I remove the pin to remove and rotate the sprocket.
  5. Sprocket

I've run into a small issue (hopefully) and I'm looking for some advice please. Here are a couple of pictures showing the crank lined up and locked in place along with the camshaft lined up. It looks like my camshaft sprocket is off and rotated to the right by 1/3 of a turn. From the pictures...
  6. Sprocket

I started disassembly last night and came across this :)
  7. Sprocket

Does anyone have the timing belt replacement procedure / how to available to share? The one on myturbodiesel is missing the 2nd part of the installation process.
  8. Sprocket

Whitbread Passat B5.5 BHW GTB2260VK build

No, I never did get the car on the dyno and I don't see that happening any time soon either. It's no longer a daily driver, but I drive it once in a blue moon. Sadly, I've only put on 10k miles in the last 5 years. I've actually been driving it the last 3 days and it's a blast, she rips. The...
  9. Sprocket

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Looks like I'll be ordering a TB kit!
  10. Sprocket

Has VW or the timing belt manufacturer's (Gates or Continental) given us a time limit or time interval change on our timing belts? I know the mileage interval is 80k, but what about time? I don't drive my car nearly as much as I used to, so it'll be years before I hit the next mileage interval.
  11. Sprocket

new to me 2005 passat wagon on a tow dolly . WELL THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG

Buy the genuine cable from Ross-Tech directly or an authorized reseller. Don't skimp out for a generic / fake cable. It's a small investment to make and it pays for itself quickly vs paying for a dealer or repair shop to diagnose your vehicle. https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS...
  12. Sprocket

BHAF for B5.5

I have a 2260 turbo on mine with the stock air box setup and it works perfectly fine. I'd personally never use a cone filter AKA hot air intake that sucks in hot air from inside the engine bay.
  13. Sprocket

WTB: 2 Salamanca 17" Wheels

I ended up buying mine off of the VW Vortex site.
  14. Sprocket

Installing Rough Road suspension - Front

Several people have used air bags to help keep the rear end from sagging. Something like this: https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6693
  15. Sprocket

FS: 1996 B4V Passat Wagon TDI - Hazel Park, MI

The car is sold! I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did. I will miss her though!
  16. Sprocket

So sorry to hear this Tomo! Keep your chin up and let's hope the worst is behind us during these trying times.
  17. Sprocket

Thank you Tomo, I appreciate it. I hope you and your family are doing well! We do have similar taste as I now drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel as my daily and the wife drives a BMW 328d x drive too! I still have the 05 Passat, but that may be going up for sale sooner than later.
  18. Sprocket

5 more pictures, almost done.