Search results

1. D

Squeeky w-wiper

although my older w-wiper are doing a very good job, they start to squeek after a while, have you guys tried some sort of compound to soften the rubber to make it more pliable, short of replacing ?
  2. D

LF Passat turbo

Looking for a used 97 Passat turbo, part no # 028145701Q
  3. D

LF 97 Passat turbo

looking for a used but useable 97 Passat turbo, part no #028145701Q
  4. D

OT:Bell Canada

When the phone went dead sometimes last month, I made an appointment with Bell to have it looked after. A technician showed up the day before, when I was not at home, I live in a condo, and left a work sheet at my door, stating 'the trouble is with the jack, access to my unit is required and to...
  5. D

Ot Process Server

An out of town friend of mine asked me to do him a favour and act as his process server. Never had anything to do with such a task, knowing only that it means to personally serve the documents to a party reluctant to receive them. Googling so far was of no help. Anyone here on the forum, who had...
  6. D

Run on Water (and gas or diesel) and save

another gimmick ? :confused:
  7. D

Secret

The Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret I have been driving (legally) for over three decades. One would think I would have noticed the little secret on my dash that was staring me right in the face. If you look at your gas guage, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump...
  8. D

Freshen up the smell of your car

For most of us there is something about that 'new car smell'. Anybody know how to recreate or come close producing this kind of unique fragrance? Anything available commercially that could replicate it?
  9. D

A Real Volkswagen In 2009?

According to 'auto motor und sport', VW has planned a real Volkswagen again. Temporarily named 'Stadtauto' (citycar), it's only 3.50 long with a relatively high roof line, 4 door, lights on side mirrors ....but again with a REAR fuel saving 2 and 3 cyl engine at a cost of appr. 8 000 Euro.
  10. D

Low cost SHELL

Low cost SHELL operated by FLYING J. in Ontario as shown below. The difference was only 1 cent between cash and credit card at the Etobicoke station today. http://serv2.flyingj.com/fuel/diesel_CF.cfm?state=ON All Provinces --------------------- Alberta British Columbia Manitoba...
  11. D

Insurance........is this the way to go after an accident?

ING INSURANCE for instance offers the ING RELY NETWORK. FASTER.....Rely shops can start immediately without waiting for an adjuster to inspect the vehicle PRIORITY SERVICE......The Rely auto vendor will review and explain the estimate before starting repairs and give you a delivery date...
  12. D

Real fuel saver......or snake oil ?

Anybody ever heard or used the apparently fuel saving gas chips called BIOPROX QX-3 ? Read more about it at www.gaschips.com :confused:
  13. D

Will your battery be able to carry you over the coming up winter ?

With many TDI's sold in the 2000 - 01 - 02 years, the batteries are slowly approaching the end of their useful life. I thought, we could compile a list of acceptable replacement batteries based on the experience of our members. Batteries, that have a good fit or need only minimal mods to...
  14. D

Winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!, how is your battery?

With many TDI's sold in the 2000 - 01 - 02 years, the batteries are slowly approaching the end of their useful life. I thought, we could compile a list of acceptable replacement batteries based on the experience of our members. Batteries, that have a good fit or need only minimal changes to...
  15. D

Shell ultra $0.94.9.....reg $0.91.9

For the economical minded;........... these are the prices at the Shell station at 680 The Queensway, a couple blocks east of Royal York Road in Etobicoke. When asked for how long they will maintain this price, the manager's reply was, it's their firm price! But as we all know firm prices have a...
  16. D

2001 VW Golf TDI for sale

2001 VW Golf TDI 2 DOOR Price: C $9,900.00 Street address: OntarioL0L 1Y3 View map silver 5 speed 2 door Golf diesel. Very well maintained, and amazing on fuel. Often goes 1100km to a tank! CD, air...
  17. D

Will hemp fuel be part of the future ????

Interesting reading: Hemp Fuel/Paper Facts -Hemp fuel is biodegradable; so oil spills become fertilizer not eco-catastrophes. -Hemp fuel does not contribute to sulfur dioxide air poisoning. -Hemp can be grown in all 50 states and on . -Both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew hemp on...
  18. D

Car insurance questions in Ontario

Car insurance questions in Ontario No-Fault Insurance No-fault insurance is an oxymoron. Fault is determined in every accident, using the Fault Determination Guide as set out in the Insurance Act. To view the Fault Determination Rules, click below...
  19. D

Oh yea, trusting the dealership ?

UBB22-ML-1095125-ML- Posted in the wrong forum section
  20. D

Oh yea, trusting the dealership ?

Recent article in the TORONTO STAR, Wheels Edition: "Work on Cavalier seemed excessive. On April 29, 2005, I took my 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier (40,000 km) to Dean Myers Chev Olds on Dufferin St. in Toronto for a regular service. There were no problems with the Cavalier that I was aware of...