Search results

1. roytoy

Oil light & Temperature light

Mine is a Jetta IV with 95,000 miles on. Engine oil changed every 6,000 always use factory speck oil. The other morning the water temperature light came on for 30 seconds just 2 minutes after starting the engine. It went away and never came back. Today is the second time the oil warning light...
  2. roytoy

2005 B5 Passat TDI GLS in Premium condition

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=214349417&dealer_id=59143053 This my ex wife's car, she is moving to another country in light of a family tragedy, she is in no rush to sell the car but since she wont use it anymore and exporting the car doesn’t make financial sense, and I...
  3. roytoy

there is just no good way to describe this.

So go ahead and see for yourself. http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/
  4. roytoy

Phatnoise no Title

I just got a NIB Phatnoise. I tried to "upgrade" it to say the song titles but no luck. Anyone, coments, suggestions?
  5. roytoy

I found this video

Careful with the volume! Bad languange and such. But pretty sad on a bystander TDI. http://youtube.com/watch?v=goNZHXZW8TI
  6. roytoy

Bosch wipper blades get them right now!!!

It has been raining on and off here in Dallas, sometimes it gets really crazy. I had not replaced the wippers on my Jet since new (2001 - 66k miles) Well, they still cleaned but they were making squeeeck anoying noise. I was not to crazy about buying overpriced OEM from the stealership. So I...
  7. roytoy

Help with MPG

I have a Jetta 2001 GLS with the 4 auto. I consistently get about 34 to 35 MPG, I do a lot about 50/50 hwy/city driving and I have to admit that I drop the hammer more often than not. Tires are original size; Goodyears (should change them next month). TB change was done 4 months ago. Timing...
  8. roytoy

Green Mountain Energy making a move

GMP fleet goes to biodiesel Published: Thursday, August 4, 2005 The Associated Press COLCHESTER -- Green Mountain Power Corp. trucks may soon be giving off a slight whiff of French fries. The electric company is switching much of its fleet over to partial biodiesel fuel. The trucks will be...
  9. roytoy

Urgent help please! Torque question.

UBB17-ML-1033810-ML-
  10. roytoy

Urgent help please! Torque question.

Some time ago I replaced the timming belt. I remember I torqued and checked everything twice. Nevertheless aparently I screwed up and used the same bolts for the harmonic balancer or torqued to much or to little and they failed. All four and the harmonic balancer fell off. I was lucky enough...
  11. roytoy

$244,000 VW Golf!!!!

Now that is what I call a fair price. Expensive Golf
  12. roytoy

Jetta = Bora in Mexican

So my friend just sold her Megane and signed up for a lifetime payment on a brand new Bora. They only have 3 model choises she got the top of the line. I find it funny that they changed the name to Bora but it makes sense because they are selling the car as a luxury vehicle and for the price...
  13. roytoy

After TB change problems!

Jetta TDI 1.9 2001 GLS auto 47k miles. Have Vag-Com Have laptop Have metalnerd TB change tools (rented from a cool guy). I just changed the TB, every bone in my hands and arms hurt. The problem is that the car wont start and I am very much afraid that I know the problem but dont know how to...
  14. roytoy

Timing Belt Replacement Tools Needed

If you got the timing belt replacement tools kit and you wont need it for the next 80k+ miles, this is the best way to make some cash. I need it, I just find it hard to spend what the new price is. I would also rent it from you for $50.00 I wil pay shipping ground back and ford.
  15. roytoy

Trunck release kaput

So I was in a two way hwy, with heavy rain and no shoulders. I see that I forgot the trunk open but I can't stop to close it properly! Several miles ahead I finaly find a place to lock it properly. Now my remote release is not working It actuates both from the remote and the door but it...
  16. roytoy

Headliner removal.

I want to remove completely the headliner of my 2001 GLS. I want to have access to the antena on top so I can retrofit the Sirius antenna right next to it trough the same hole. I do not have the first idea of how to do this. I imagine removing all the hardware and the covers of the pillars but...
  17. roytoy

And I tought my GF was hot

Well...she is still hot but check these out!!! http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1062.shtml
  18. roytoy

I need mucho HELP! TDI killing me!

Ok, I am and ex Camaro driver, (yea yea I know the mullet etc) the Camaro had to be changed and I have always dreamed of owning my very own TDI. My problem is this; I just got it, I just put my very first fuel tank 2 days ago. I love the crackling noise of the TDI and the ocation turbo wine...