Search results

1. A

2015 Jetta VCDS lacks ROD file

Trying to figure out how to connect to a 2015 Jetta. It seems that the EV name has a B on the end of it that doesn't match any of the supplied .rod files. It worked with the 2014 Beetle, just not the 2015 Jetta. Pulled the following, I know incomplete scan, but all the rest of the modules...
  2. A

03 NB rear brakes locked

Sons 03 NB has had problems with the rear brakes sticking, and locking up the rears. This all started when one of the parking brake cables snapped, rendering zero parking brake. That was fixed by replacing the parking brake cable. Then the other side snapped, and replaced. Then the rears...
  3. A

VW exiting Diesel market in US

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-emissions-idUSKBN13H2AG?il=0
  4. A

Response from court or CAS lawyers

Has anyone that submitted comments on the settlement heard back from the court or lawyers addressing the complaints? Not that I'm actually expecting anything to be changed, but dismissing them without even addressing the substance of the complaint, guess that's the best justice system money can...
  5. A

Test reverse switch 5spd 2003 NB

Found how to do the replacement, but is there a way to check the switch? Can you use a meter to check the path from the switch to the light? I'm guessing the loop is from one of the two pins, through the light back to ground, so meter between one of the two pins and ground should show...
  6. A

2003 Beetle Headlight options

Headlight on sons car fogged again, so been polished, don't really want to get into doing that every 6 months, so looking for options available for 2003 beetle. Not looking for HID, just a solid replacement for something less than OE price. Seen SpecD, look junky, but cheap. Spyder looks like...
  7. A

2000 Beetle Rear turn signal

I need to re-wire the rear turn signal after a critter ate the wire leading to the passenger side one. The dilemma is what to take off the car to get at it, and was looking for others that had to do the same. I can either take both rear fenders and bumper off, the chew point is at fingertip...
  8. A

Coolant light comes on blue

Wondering if this is the start of a coolant temp sensor fail, looking for others experience. Son drives the NB home from school, so it's hot, but probably just barely. Temps have been in the 50-55F range this week. He comes in and I go out a few minutes later to run an errand. Starting the...
  9. A

Frostheater

Picking up a 2014 this weekend, and getting the panzer plate lined up, but when I went looking for a frost heater, nothing for the 2014. Does a heater exist yet, or does say the Golf model work?
  10. A

2006 brakes help

Symptoms: soft pedal, goes to the floor, still slowly stops, but not the old, step on the brake and stop a foot ago power like it had. I'm trying to track down the cause of a soft brake pedal in an 06 Touareg TDI. Took it to my local mechanic, he looked at the brake system and found no fluid...
  11. A

Driver side vent control repair on an 06

So I found out today that the control flap for the driver side vent is stuck closed, the actuator below the vent still slides, it just snaps back to the closed position, and no matter its location, no air comes out from the vent. Anyone fixed this before? Search didn't really turn up anything...
  12. A

Nearly new TDIs

Started looking for another TDI to add to the fleet, and I'm seeing a number of nearly new 2013 and 2014, less than 5000mi cars. I suspect the ones at VW dealers are demos or corp cars, but what is the probable origin of the non-VW dealer cars? I'm thinking repo cars, they seem to have liens...
  13. A

03 Beetle vs Deer

My wife hit a deer on the front end driving home tonight. Crinkled the hood, and knocked out a turn signal lens. Any idea what I'm looking at in terms of the fix cost? It's not leaking, but I've not opened the hood, in case it won't close again. The hit appeared to be more or less...
  14. A

TDIFAQ needs some TLC

Don't know the proper place to put this, but seems here would get the most notice. The TDIFAQ link from the top of all the pages is seriously out of date, and I just had to tell a co-worker that the oil he just put in was the wrong stuff for his 2009 model. I think he searched from google to...
  15. A

source of G12 in K-W

Like the title says, who carries G12 near Waterloo? Tried Crosby parts, but they only wanted to sell 4l, and I need about 1 cup, probably less once mixed down. Really cold mornings the low coolant light flashes for <1 min, which is probably due to not getting enough back in the tank after TB...
  16. A

Coolant loss and high oil

Helping a friend at work. He has an A3 TDI, recently got a warning light about low coolant level. Brought the coolant level back up with water, then took it to the Audi dealer, who sent them away as the coolant was a normal level, and had no smell in the engine compartment. I told him that...
  17. A

Winter prep

I've got a NB that I'll be using in Ontario this winter, and winters I've heard are a bit colder than it's used to, having spent it's entire life in Texas ;). So, for prep work I can take care of before shipping it off, I'm looking for a recommended list of things to check. Fuel is obvious...
  18. A

98 Jetta glove box latch broke

On a 98 jetta, the latch that you pull from the dash to make the glove box open has broken. I searched for a repair thread, but wasn't successful. Bently is not very helpful in figuring out what has to come apart to put the replacement latch/lever in. Essentailyl the two plastic tabs that...
  19. A

Front brakes dragging (sometimes) on 2000 NB

I'm trying to diagnose what is up with the front brakes on a 2000 NB. 99% of the time, all is well, which makes figuring out what it is that much harder. Symptoms: When it happens, the brakes drag, and I can fell that it is not accelerating as expected, also when I stop, if I take my foot off...
  20. A

Sunroof drain location for 2000 Beetle

I found the front drains on a Jetta in the door hinge area, but didn't find them on the 2000 Beetle. Can someone give me a hint where to look for them? I have a passenger side puddle in the front, and it's starting to get old getting the water out each night with the shop vac. Or is there...