Search results

1. Zeitgeist

'04 Sir Limps A Lot; the saga continues

Well, here's the update to the update. It started going into low boost limp mode about six months ago on a daily basis, so drastic realities called for drastic measures. We sent the ECU off to Malone for a Stage 2 tune, EGR/ASV delete, IMO delete and a 950 rpm idle setting. This made it nice...
  2. Zeitgeist

FMIC dimensions?

Thanks for the reply. I believe the ECU is stock, and the turbo appears to be recently replaced. The car was in full on limp mode when I bought it, so it's never run properly as long as we've had it. I have no other frame of reference for how a PD with VNT turbo is supposed to run. The ALH...
  3. Zeitgeist

FMIC dimensions?

In my perpetual pursuit of knowledge and understanding, I've come to believe that my VNT actuator rod might be adjusted too short, hence the boost spikes. I hooked my MityVac up to the actuator and observed that the rod begins to move well below the stated 3-5inHg level and seems to bottom out...
  4. Zeitgeist

FMIC dimensions?

Ok, I finally installed my el Cheapo eBay FMIC and in the process also installed a boost gauge in the cabin. Now that the car is running again, when I monitor the gauge is shows some really weird see-sawing activity, which seems to be an indicator of why the power delivery has always felt...
  5. Zeitgeist

FMIC dimensions?

I just realized that my IC is showing signs of leaking, so I'd like to replace this with a front mount, and eliminate the ridiculously expensive proprietary hoses. Is there anyone here experienced with this swap who can share the dimensions best used for the B5.5? Thanks in advance!
  6. Zeitgeist

C4 a6 avant TDI swap?

Which Audi trans out there can accept a combination of the V6, fiver and four? I used to own two '94 100CSQ Avants and still have one of the autos. The bellhousing doesn't appear able to mount to anything other than a V6
  7. Zeitgeist

BHW TDI with 02m->02d syncro->0a5 4motion swap into Eurovan

I've removed both the EGR and ASV on my BHW and those codes are recurring. I've been led to believe that those need to be removed by a tuner...or at least someone with more 'puter lernin' than me.
  8. Zeitgeist

Balance Shaft Upgrade Shops

Thanks, I wonder if I could snake the camera down an oil drain passage in the head. I'd hate to get into a T-belt change and then find that I needed a BSM delete kit, and then wait another two weeks for that to arrive.
  9. Zeitgeist

Balance Shaft Upgrade Shops

Is there a way to tell if the BSM has already been deleted from the outside? I just changed my oil and attempted to snake my inspection camera up there, but the oil pickup was in the way. Does it make more sense to pull the engine if I'm changing the cam and t-belt and possibly deleting the BSM?
  10. Zeitgeist

Radio upgrade

11. Zeitgeist

Radio upgrade

Has anyone recently upgraded their stereo to an Apple CarPlay unit with steering wheel controls using the PAC C2R-VW2 adapter kit? My kit didn't come with instructions, nor do I see any dash plug for the steering wheel controls. I can only assume it was originally a Monsoon system since I have...
  12. Zeitgeist

1991 Vanagon with a 2001 Jetta 1.9L TDi ALH

I have a small inline electric pump installed on my '89 ALH Vanagon, but I only run it during fuel system services for priming purposes. With a switch in the engine compartment, it's super easy to get everything primed up prior to cranking so I can avoid all the aggravation.
  13. Zeitgeist

Dude, that's a LOT of work. I'm intrigued with the idea of lowering the subframe and running coilovers, but with just a regular T4 Syncro drivetrain. Are those upper spring perches from a Tundra as well? Did you have to massage the body in order to fit them? I see that you're in Salem...
  14. Zeitgeist

Wowzers, I need to go back and read up on what you have going on with that front suspension.
  15. Zeitgeist

What became of the 2.5L V6 TDI swapped B5/C5 cars that were done on here?

I would suggest a five cylinder inline like the AEL.
  16. Zeitgeist

That's good to know about the T5 pans fitting the later engines. I had been planning to just import a complete 2.5 drivetrain, but now that I have a running/driving BHW, it probably makes more sense to just use that as the powerplant. My concern is that I don't want to lose any power when the...
  17. Zeitgeist

Looks great! What are you two doing for oil pans with these newer engines?
  18. Zeitgeist

Pics pics pics, people. We need pics.
  19. Zeitgeist

BHW into Eurovan swap - AC question

The ALH in my Vanagon uses it's original Mk4 compressor along with all the factory Vanagon A/C stuff, just fine. No problems at all. I don't think my '01 EV or '04 Passat have too much A/C design difference than the '01 Jetta donor for my Vanagon.
  20. Zeitgeist

Alternator exciter circuit

I added a diode, just to avoid that problem. This engine is actually a 1Z I installed for a friend's Syncro. The pump is the same 12mm version I used on my personal ALH van. I bought both pumps new from a mTDI guru, though I'm not sure on which vehicle they were originally designed for...