Search results

1. jerrymander

FS: Mk6 OEM DPF + Mk7 OEM Exhaust

DPF, downpipe, and EGR removed from 2011 Golf TDI. $500 + ship. Slightly rusty. I'm not sure where that ****ty rusted tube in the background came from. 60,000 miles. https://i.imgur.com/dWUESju.jpg Entire turboback from 2015 Golf, plus AdBlue injection system, plus EGR, plus O2 sensors and...
  2. jerrymander

Key fob range is garbage

My car hasn't allowed me to lock or unlock it if I am standing much more than 10 feet away. If my fob is in my pocket and I press the button, it won't work even if I am standing right outside the car. I changed the batteries recently and nothing changed. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed...
  3. jerrymander

Removing Car Net System, Physically

This guide details removing the instrument cluster and pulling the box that controls the Car Net system out that is behind it, for those of you that wish to mentally entertain this. I do not endorse doing this, as you will likely void a whole bunch of stuff with your warranty...
  4. jerrymander

Cars from Storage with trashed parts?

Mechanic just pulled my O2 sensor out of my new-old 2015 Golf and it was completely obliterated by soot and had been bent and cracked with Channelock pliers. Anyone else got any fun stories from your new-old stock?
  5. jerrymander

FS: MK6 Frostheater, never installed

This item is now sold. I'm selling my FrostHeater I purchased last September for my 2011 Golf. I never installed it, and I will include the original packing slip, a quart of Pentofrost SF, the plug protector, and heated seat pad. Fits only Mk6 Golf and JSW cars. $150.00 for everything...
  6. jerrymander

Found on Craigslist: 1985 Golf ($1000) (Jacksonville, FL)

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4879081076.html Guy with a 1985 Golf is selling it for $1000. "The clutch went out last week while I was driving. pretty sure its the throw out bearing." Anyone here interested? Alternatively, how easy would this be to fix? Also if this is against forum...
  7. jerrymander

Unresponsive radio

Whenever I push a button either on the screen or on the steering wheel of the RCD510 radio unit, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds for any action to occur. It happens on all the buttons, including the ones on screen and on the unit. It doesn't matter if I'm on FM, MEDIA, SAT, or the options menu. Is...
  8. jerrymander

FS: Set of 17" Stock Wheels (Northeast Florida)

I just put new wheels on my 2011 Golf, and I took the stock wheels off. They are dirty, but have no scratching or kerb rash on them at all. They have 50,000 miles on them. They are 17x7 and a 5x112mm bolt pattern. Included are the ContiPros that came with my car! They, also, have 50,000 miles...
  9. jerrymander

Amber parking light burned out: creative solution?

So this guy burned out about 3 months ago: http://i.imgur.com/A4mtQ2s.jpg I know I can just pop it off and put in a 2825 (I think) in there, but how would I do that? Better yet, can I remove these 2 lights? I don't even understand what they do or when they engage.