Search results

1. M

Possibly lost 1st gear synchro?

Once i popped it out if third, it shifted fine to all gears, engine on and engine off. This morning it drove fone, except for trying to gring 1st if still moving. At a stop, it's fine.
  2. M

Possibly lost 1st gear synchro?

Need some advice. Yesterday the manual transmission suddenly started grinding, going into 1st when moving. Could sorta so times carefully and slowly find a good spot with the shifter, but not really. About 10 miles later and almost home and it suddenly feels like the engine has lost power and...
  3. M

dogbone replacement/fitment question

That's what I thought-That they should fit any alh. And yeah, can't believe I broke it, thinking it's a manufacturing defect in the metal. It snapped clean in half at the engine bushing side.
  4. M

dogbone replacement/fitment question

well, aside from power/IQ tuning issues, my day just had to get worse. while trying to find the right IQ/hammer mod position i punch it and get a loud clunk--the dog bone broke. its not even original, but only 3yrs old! anyway, i go to NAPA, they have one, but the computer says its for...
  5. M

HELP!! Rear Brake Caliper Sticking-I'm Stumped

Hard pedal can be a number of things...not just vacuum! same with brake drag, there are many causes. what company caliper did you use?
  6. M

HELP!! Rear Brake Caliper Sticking-I'm Stumped

I've been having similar problems...brake drag at lr, replace caliper (mostly because I broke the bleeder), then the rear hard lines, (other lines are about 3yrs old), and rr (another broken bleeder), complete flush including abs unit...still have intermittant hard pedal. If I read it all...
  7. M

brake issue-need help!

No issues bleeding the fronts, also bled the ABS, and redid the rears, so all fluid is replaced...still no good. how much of a pita is the master?
  8. M

brake issue-need help!

Nothing good....same problem, just not quite as bad..but the other day all 4 were smoking. I'm trying to vacuum bleed the fronts now. But I am beginning to fear it's the master
  9. M

brake issue-need help!

Fluid was replaced a few years ago, used the ate super blue. Has less than 50k miles. took the car for a 2nd drive after greasing the fronts. No bueno. Right front was smoking after about 5 Miles on the highway. Pulled over and it loosened up immediately. Driving after that seemed ok. The...
  10. M

brake issue-need help!

Are there any problems with the stainless steel flex lines? I think they have a Teflon. Sleeve inside? Just wondering as I have them at the front calipers and the rear beam to body
  11. M

brake issue-need help!

Mid repair update: busted bleeder, so replaced the other rear caliper. plus the rear steel/flex lines on the beam. Took it for a drive and felt better-but only felt so. Front brake started smoking....oh frigging joy. The front pads are nice and loose, but the guide pins got ****ted up...
  12. M

brake issue-need help!

Good point. Will check all 4. The one I replaced was ok, a touch tight but came out by hand
  13. M

brake issue-need help!

Yep, that's on the list...lol. the front flex and the axle flex are stainless, about 2-3yrs old, the beam lines (steel/rubber) on the calipers are original. It's just weird that the pedal feels the way it does and gets them to release.
  14. M

brake issue-need help!

Sorry, I should have added, I jacked up the corners real quick today, the left was still tight(ish), and the right was ok or slightly sticky It seems to be something forward of the calipers, but I'm still not sure if anything...
  15. M

brake issue-need help!

for awhile I've been noticing some stiction at the rear brakes, thought it was just the ebrake being finicky-if I didn't use it, things were fine. Now with warm weather it's gotten much worse. Driving on the highway, about 30min to work, the brakes begin to drag. Sometimes they loosen up...
  16. M

MAF diagnosis check

Tried that, but at idle only, no change. the weird thing was that i never went into limp mode--boost was fine and normal (or at least close to normal, may have been a bit low) BUT i just put the new MAF in and cleared the light. Power seems normal, light stays off, and most importantly, the...
  17. M

MAF diagnosis check

i'm a touch confused and i think i have multiple issues, so i wanted to check with all of you. this tank i've gotten poor mileage, probably mid 30's, have to fill up to be sure. but last night the car hiccupped twice at startup and had low power. fuel is under 1/4 tank (which i always do)...
  18. M

Warning for those replacing their alternators

after doing anything on the A/C the best thing to do is have a mechanic pull vacuum on the system and properly recharge it.
  19. M

break in procedure for new clutch?

yeah, that's what i have. but since they seem to be anal about the procedure/warranty, and give you a number to call for it...on the warranty card! i'd rather be sure that i get it right.
  20. M

break in procedure for new clutch?

well, for me that usually involves hard launches, spinning tires, very hard shifts....and i'm guessing that may not be the best idea! lol