Search results

1. V

Oil Consumption and Sooty tail pipe

i came across a service record i did not see that mentioned a hard start and the intercooler was probably frozen, says they cleaned the intercooler and was ok. and they also used 15w-40 in the car. i wonder if it was burning oil then and they thought putting thicker oil would help. im doomed
  2. V

I have used mike many times. I had the car to him recently but things are not as they were there.
  3. V

thanks for your input, I drive 140 miles per day, and even if I get something used I don't know what I'm getting into. I saw a Golf R used but it has 160K on it and the dealer wants 17K for it. I can't finance a car with miles like that nor is it a good idea. If I got something new it would be...
  4. V

Im having a hard time deciding between fixing or getting something new. The car is in great shape otherwise but DPF Flywheel and still has original suspension will really be costly. new cars are hard to get and interest rates also stop me lol i don't know!
  5. V

Could a bad dpf cause the oil consumption? I’m trying to figure out what to do. Fix the dpf and flywheel rattling or just get something new. flywheel been rattling for months. It’s not a great time to buy something new with rates high and not a lot of supply. But at the same time it’s going...
  6. V

I started getting codes for egr and dpf now also
  7. V

Could there be any recourse since it was replaced only 40ish k ago to get another replacement? I know the epa has the 8 year 80k for emissions.
  8. V

the tail pipe gets dirty in one commute trip of 140 miles
  9. V

i had checked it out it was dealer-maintained most of its life. 'Whats funny is that it runs great so i don't know what to do.
  10. V

i scanned for codes and there are none or any pending. i always check the intercooler piping for oil when I do oil changers and nothing. I use proper oil but i don't know what the previous owner used.
  11. V

i had no oil in the intercooler piping. Any idea where the oil is going?
  12. V

Hello all, My 2011 SportWagen has been burning about half a quart a week. I drive around 700 miles a week. the tail pipe always was clean, but it is black now. The DPF was replaced just 35K ago under warranty. Currently have 162k. It's been running fine no codes. Should I be worried?
  13. V

My new to me 16 TDI Touareg

Got the Touareg back, all seems good again. The dealer replaces EGR and assorted gaskets by taking the intake manifold off. All covered under warranty
  14. V

It’s at the dealer so hopefully won’t be there to long
  15. V

Codes pulled are P0403- EGR valve malfunction P042F EGR system stuck closed
  16. V

thank you, will report back
  17. V

Yeah I’m happy it will be covered and I have only owned it almost 3 months. Just wonder what is the issue
  18. V

Ugh I got a flashing glow plug light tonight. It was late so I could not plug in my vcds. I did notice a loss of power when it happened. Thoughts?
  19. V

Strange 2015 Touareg TDI Malfunction

wow didnot know that about the battery change. I have VCDS that i will need to look up this procedure
  20. V

I saw that. I do have VCDS so that's good. Other then that the job looks straight forward.